PDA

View Full Version : Ink Cartridges with Nemosine Pens

Lady Onogaro
May 26th, 2014, 01:01 AM
When you buy a Nemosine pen, they usually throw in some ink cartridges. The brand isn't marked on the cartridges. Are these the Chesterfield brand that is sold on xfountainpens? Or is it something else?

I have heard Chesterfield is actually Diamine. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also, the bottles for their Architekt ink look like those for De Atramentis. Is it De Atramentis?

ardgedee
May 26th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Chesterfield is probably rebottled Diamine. There's even a note posted to FPN, purportedly from Josh at xFountainPens, which says so (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/103930-chesterfield-ink/#entry1026622).

Similarly, your assumption about Arkitekt and DeAtrimentis is generally assumed correct.

There was a Google Docs spreadsheet that correlated the Chesterfield and Diamine ink names, but it looks like it's moved or been taken down recently.

I also have a Nemosine pen, but I've never used the cartridges. I did get a box of Infinite Black ink cartridges when I bought the pen, and the box is labeled "International Standard Ink / Made in Slovenia". So unless Diamine outsources, it is not Diamine ink.

KBeezie
May 26th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Retailers like Pens N' More (where I got my Nemosine) will actually tell you it's Nemosine brand which they don't sell retail, which is kind of silly because if you like the ink you got with the Nemosine Pen... what do you do when you run out? Buy another pen?

I've used their blacks, it's not bad, dries a little on the fast side, somewhat behaved, but it's also a tad dry flowing (which sucks if you are using a nemosine calligraphy nib which is already pretty dry and has some drag).

mrcharlie
May 27th, 2014, 11:25 AM
If you go to xfountainpens site and look in the "ink cartridges" section, there are some Chesterfield (Diamine) carts and the "unbranded" carts that come with the pen. There are several colors. These colors are not listed in the bottled inks section.