PDA

View Full Version : White Safari & Bottled Ink

Al_K
May 26th, 2014, 04:44 AM
Hi, am looking at purchasing a white safari but am worried that using bottled ink would stain the section. Am I best to stick with cartridges for the lighter coloured Lamy's?

Toffer
May 26th, 2014, 05:21 AM
I have a white and use bottled ink, had no problems with mine so far. Just clean the section as soon as you have filled it. :)

reprieve
May 26th, 2014, 05:39 AM
I also haven't had any staining on my white Safari. I just wipe the section with a damp paper towel immediately after filling and make sure all of that stray ink is gone.

If you're really worried about it, you could always fill the converter with a syringe in order to avoid dipping the nib and section. I sometimes do that just to avoid all of the mess.

Silverbreeze
May 26th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Use a ink syringe the seat the section, put the nib in the bottle, give a quarter twist down so a drop of ink flows into the bottle. Feed should be primed no staining

heldercgrande
July 21st, 2014, 07:02 PM
I also never had problems of stain with my white Lamy Safari. I have my for about 4 years now, and I always used bottle of ink

Mesu
July 24th, 2014, 01:12 PM
It depends on the inks you are planning to use in your white Safari.

Avoid the inks which are known to stain, Noodler's Bay State Blue for example, and you will be good.

Mine stained a bit with Cape Cod Cranberry from another pen. I used diluted dish washing liquid and could get rid of the stains but it is an experience i can do without.

heldercgrande
July 25th, 2014, 07:52 PM
It depends on the inks you are planning to use in your white Safari.

Avoid the inks which are known to stain, Noodler's Bay State Blue for example, and you will be good.

Mine stained a bit with Cape Cod Cranberry from another pen. I used diluted dish washing liquid and could get rid of the stains but it is an experience i can do without.

It also happened with me, when I used Bad Blue Heron in my white Lamy Safari. But with detergent, I was able to clean the pen.