PDA

View Full Version : Cult Pens (Diamine) Deep Dark Ink Samples - Worldwide

alc3261
May 27th, 2014, 05:11 AM
3 x 2ml samples of the Cult Pens Deep Dark inks, available Worldwide.
There are 5 colours Blue, Brown, Green, Red and Purple.
Please reply in this thread with why you'd like them and which 3 colours you'd like.
This will run for a week and I will choose up to 3 winners depending on the number of entries.

cbrand493
May 27th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Long time customer yet I've never tried Diamine inks let alone the Cult Pens exclusives! I don't have a very large ink collection. Only 3 to be exact so I'm looking to broaden my ink collection and possibly purchase the Diamines from cult pens!

The 3 colours: Green, Red, Purple :) all my colours are boring blacks and blues. Time for some colourful fun!

alc3261
May 29th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Doesn't anybody like these colours?

cwent2
May 29th, 2014, 12:15 PM
I have only tried the Deep Dark Blue. And I do like the ink and Diamine ink in general behaves well in 99.6% of my pens, But since I have enough ink to float a small boat I did not think it proper to request more, especially in a pay it forward forum.

:)

Cw

RuiFromUK
May 29th, 2014, 01:08 PM

My friend Jeph here in the forum introduced me to the Deep Dark Purple ink. It is an excellent ink in my opinion but this has risen my curiosity about the others.

If you haven't got enough people to give the samples to please include me as I would love to get a sample of blue, green and red inks. If there are enough people who would like these samples please do not include me to give others a chance of enjoying very nicely made inks as I do meet some FpGeeks almost on a monthly basis and I am sure at least one of them will have at least some of deep dark these inks.

alc3261
May 29th, 2014, 01:12 PM
I have only tried the Deep Dark Blue. And I do like the ink and Diamine ink in general behaves well in 99.6% of my pens, But since I have enough ink to float a small boat I did not think it proper to request more, especially in a pay it forward forum.

:)

Cw
I think I could float a fleet!!

Holsworth
May 29th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I'd love to try some samples. I only have two inks so far and from what I've seen of diamine they look great. Green red and purple should liven up my small collection!

Shimmershadow
May 29th, 2014, 05:39 PM
I haven't tried any Diamine inks at all yet--only used Noodler's and Lamy and Pilot cartridges. Would love to try some to see if I should bump Diamine up my OCD Collection Completist list! :crazy_pilot: Purple, blue and green are my color weaknesses.

Brisboy
May 29th, 2014, 08:17 PM
I'd love to try green, purple and brown. I have a few inks now and am thoroughly enjoying a little variety and very keen to try more. :D

KBeezie
May 29th, 2014, 08:28 PM

:P I like the Blue and Red, they're normally colors I wouldn't care for in their brighter variant, but lovely when dark with a 'hint', but I already got a PIF from you on the other site. :P

Newjelan
May 31st, 2014, 12:43 AM
I love them all and I have them all, thanks.

johnus
May 31st, 2014, 01:20 AM
Hello. Very interested in the Brown. Have read that 17th-18th century ink turned brown with age. Would like to compare current brown with the old.
For the other 2 green and purple.
Thank you.

jokeruk
June 1st, 2014, 06:43 PM
Interested in Brown, Purple and Red. I've never tried Diamine inks, and would be nice to try them and compare to my two Rohrer & Klingers that I've got at the moment.

Thanks for the chance!

KBeezie
June 2nd, 2014, 10:03 PM
Hello. Very interested in the Brown. Have read that 17th-18th century ink turned brown with age. Would like to compare current brown with the old.
Thank you.

Most likely iron gall ink, which oxidizes the iron in the ink as it ages. (was also what they used primarily for waterproof inks before they perfected waterproofing in dye-based inks). The brown is going to vary from one type of ink to another and the type of paper it's on. (at least most newer iron gall inks are safe for fountain pens, the older ones ran the risk of eating steel nibs or certain kinds of plastics).

Al_S
June 4th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Oooh, if I'm not too late to play, I'd be interested. Blue, red and green.

alc3261
June 5th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I'd love to try some samples. I only have two inks so far and from what I've seen of diamine they look great. Green red and purple should liven up my small collection!
Please PM me your address for the samples!!

alc3261
June 5th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Interested in Brown, Purple and Red. I've never tried Diamine inks, and would be nice to try them and compare to my two Rohrer & Klingers that I've got at the moment.

Thanks for the chance!

alc3261
June 5th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Thank you.

RuiFromUK
June 6th, 2014, 03:07 AM
Congratulations everyone. The ink is fantastic, from what I can see from the Deep Purple that I am using at the moment.

alc3261
June 6th, 2014, 03:35 AM
Only one address received so far.......

KBeezie
June 7th, 2014, 12:45 AM
they probably don't have the thread set up for email notification (unless of course you also sent PMs).

:P

Holsworth
June 7th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Samples received this morning, thanks so much! Can't wait to test them out :-)

alc3261
June 7th, 2014, 12:00 PM
they probably don't have the thread set up for email notification (unless of course you also sent PMs).

:P

I did.

alc3261
June 7th, 2014, 05:06 PM
If the earlier winners do not contact me by Midnight Sunday (UK time) I will re-draw.

serpent
June 7th, 2014, 07:21 PM
if you re-draw, i would like blue, red, & purple. would be nice to try something different.

cbrand493
June 7th, 2014, 08:10 PM
If you redraw my original entry still stands :)

Brisboy
June 7th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Redraw! Redraw!

cbrand493
June 7th, 2014, 11:41 PM
If it's a re-draw I don't know if it's only going to be from the original entries or if new entries will be accepted?

RayCornett
June 8th, 2014, 02:12 AM
If there is a redraw I like blue, green, and red. If it's not deep and dark color I don't like it so this sounds perfect.

alc3261
June 8th, 2014, 02:46 AM
I have now been contacted by 2 of the original winners. I will accept further entries for the possible re-draw tonight.

RuiFromUK
June 8th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Can I please re-enter again for the violet, red and green inks?

Many thanks.

Rui

alc3261
June 8th, 2014, 05:33 PM
OK, the new 3rd Winner is RuifromUK.
Let me have your address please. :)

RuiFromUK
June 9th, 2014, 01:02 AM
Thank you very much. :)

Really looking forward to receive them as the sample in my pen is running out and it is a fantastic ink.

Kind regards,

Rui

alc3261
June 11th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Samples all sent. :)

RuiFromUK
June 13th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Hi alc3261,

Thank you very much. I have just received the ink samples.

Looking forward to try them.

Kind regards,

Rui

johnus
June 19th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Thank you! Arrived yesterday using the Dark Green right now[emoji56]

Scrawler
June 20th, 2014, 02:06 AM
The Deep Dark Purple is a really nice, every day use ink. You can even pretend it is black in a very wet pen. I imagine the red and green are very interesting too. Does anyone have a reference for a review of the red and green?

johnus
June 25th, 2014, 05:10 AM
I've used the Dark Green and it also is a very nice ink. Prefer it over the Purple ( but may be just a 'man thing').

Chrissy
June 25th, 2014, 05:14 AM
I would love to try some Diamine Deep Dark samples pleeeeease

I would be more than happy with any colours that you have left