PDA

View Full Version : Richard Bender question

Silverbreeze
May 28th, 2014, 02:09 PM
I am researching getting a Cursive Italic from his site. Is there any reason for me to buy a full pen rather then buying just the nib unit reground?

Jeph
May 28th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Binder, and there is no reason to buy a pen if all you want is the nib unit..

Nomdeplume
May 28th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Silly question! So you can have yet another pen! Both can be inked at the same time!
Actually, that would be the only reason, if you have a pen that fits the nib you buy, you can always switch them out.

mhosea
May 28th, 2014, 02:46 PM
That would be Richard Binder, unless he's on a bender, and then we'd call it a Richard Binder Bender. I don't know Richard very well, but I wouldn't guess that sort of thing to be his style. :)

If you are talking about a thread-in nib and feed unit for a Bexley, Gate City, or Pelikan, and you have one of those pens to put it in, I'd say no, just the nib unit is fine. But his prices are good, so if you want the pen...

Silverbreeze
May 28th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Binder, and there is no reason to buy a pen if all you want is the nib unit..

I keep doing that to his name. Some sort of mental block

Silverbreeze
May 28th, 2014, 02:48 PM
That would be Richard Binder, unless he's on a bender, and then we'd call it a Richard Binder Bender. I don't know Richard very well, but I wouldn't guess that sort of thing to be his style. :)

If you are talking about a thread-in nib and feed unit for a Bexley, Gate City, or Pelikan, and you have one of those pens to put it in, I'd say no, just the nib unit is fine. But his prices are good, so if you want the pen...
Thinking a Pelikan or Edison unit yes

tandaina
May 28th, 2014, 05:27 PM

He might go on a nib grinding bender! Which frankly we should all want to get in on!