PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From A FP Lover in Silicon Valley!

ArchiMark
May 28th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Greetings all,

Some of you may recognize me from FPN, Pentrace, etc.....

Discovered this nice FP forum recently and thought I'd check in and say 'Hello'......

Been using FP's seriously for the past 5 years or so....and like others went off the deep end for a while, buying pens like they were candy.....

Bit more disciplined now in my purchases....and like others, my preferences have changed quite a bit after having gone through a lot of different pens...

Lately, find myself interested in less quantity and more about quality, design, character, personality, and of course how well a pen writes...

Have read quite a few threads here and impressed with the thought and quality of posts that are posted overall....

Look forward to spending some more time here....

Mark

VertOlive
May 28th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Welcome to you, from a Michigan Geek!

ArchiMark
May 28th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Welcome to you, from a Michigan Geek!

Thank you!

Pen geek I presume..... :)

TerraNoir
May 28th, 2014, 08:12 PM
:welcome:

ArchiMark
May 28th, 2014, 08:23 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

Frank
May 28th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Welcome here Mark!!

-Frank

KrazyIvan
May 28th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the Dark Side.

ArchiMark
May 28th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Welcome here Mark!!

-Frank

Thanks, Frank!

Welcome to the Dark Side.

OK, I'm ready.....

I think.......

;)

Jeph
May 28th, 2014, 11:47 PM

ac12
May 29th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Check out the Club Shows and Gatherings for Pen Posse meets (usually in Millbrae) and the SF Pen Show in August.
There is a Pen Posse this Sun.
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/7202-Short-Notice-Pen-Posse

ArchiMark
May 29th, 2014, 07:06 AM

Thanks!

Check out the Club Shows and Gatherings for Pen Posse meets (usually in Millbrae) and the SF Pen Show in August.
There is a Pen Posse this Sun.
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/7202-Short-Notice-Pen-Posse

Thank you for the info.....

Aware of the Pen Posse, sounds like fun, but weekends are not good time for me to meet unfortunately......

Was briefly at the last SF Pen Show....had a good time, even if it was short....will try to come to the next one hopefully.....

welch
May 29th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Hi there, ArchiMark. Yes, cannot forget that avatar!

Curious that several of us are computer people. (I started as an 8080 assembly language programmer...shifted to a fountain pen about five or six years ago as relaxation for my hand.) Not easy to draw diagrams with a fountain pen, but that's why they invented the pencil.

ArchiMark
May 29th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Hi there, ArchiMark. Yes, cannot forget that avatar!

Curious that several of us are computer people. (I started as an 8080 assembly language programmer...shifted to a fountain pen about five or six years ago as relaxation for my hand.) Not easy to draw diagrams with a fountain pen, but that's why they invented the pencil.

Hi welch!

Thanks for saying hi.....

Avatar, that's just lil' ol' pen lovin' primate me......

I'm not a computer person per se, but I do enjoy using computers, especially lil' pocket-size ones and dabble with linux......have read some programming books and dabbled a bit with it, but unfortunately, due mainly to time constraints, I haven't gotten very far in that dept....

Not sure why it's hard to draw diagrams with a fountain pen....but use what works best for you, I say.....

Mark

welch
May 29th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Drawing? It's the circles and such. Easier with a pencil or a ballpoint. I was taught to write slowly slowly slowly way back in the olden dayes, when school kids learned to print with a pencil and then to write with a Sheaffer "school" cartridge pen.

ArchiMark
May 29th, 2014, 09:18 PM
OK, now I get it.....agree that it's a bit easier with pencil or ballpoint....

And like you, I started printing with those fat pencils and then graduated to using the Sheaffer school pen......

Those were the days!

:)

caribbean_skye
May 30th, 2014, 05:40 AM
welcome welcome

ArchiMark
May 30th, 2014, 09:31 AM
welcome welcome

Thank you, Thank you!!!........ :)

Lexaf
May 30th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Hi Mark,
Just like you I'm coming from FPN. Looks like we can have a lot of fun here!
Welcome and Enjoy.
Lex

ArchiMark
May 30th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Hi Lex,

Thank you, Lex....

I remember you from FPN too.....

Agree that this forum seems like a fun place to be.......

Think that chatbox on the front page is pretty clever....but haven't tried it yet....

Lady Onogaro
May 30th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Hi Lex,

Thank you, Lex....

I remember you from FPN too.....

Agree that this forum seems like a fun place to be.......

Think that chatbox on the front page is pretty clever....but haven't tried it yet....

You will have to give it a go... :welcome:

ArchiMark
May 30th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Thank you, Lady Onogaro......

And will try the chatbox sometime soon, when I'm in the right fpgeek state of mind.... :)

Wolverine1
May 31st, 2014, 04:46 AM
Welcome for FPGeeks!!!!! I remember you from both Pentrace and FPN. Good to have you here, Mark.
wolverine1 aka Sid

ArchiMark
May 31st, 2014, 05:53 PM
Such a good memory, wolverin1 aka Sid !!!.......

Glad to be here among such illustrious pen geeks.....

:)

Thanks!

Mark

Mags
June 2nd, 2014, 05:30 AM
Welcome to the forum.