PDA

View Full Version : The World Wars on History Channel - Penspotting

markt
May 28th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Ok, you penspotters out there. There are a bunch of chances to show your stuff in this new series on the History Channel. All the big figures are shown using fountain pens, Roosevelt, Churchill, MacArthur, Stalin. At first pass, I was only able to identify one which I think was a Waterman 100 Year based upon the brief shot of the ribbed section that Churchill was using but I am probably wrong. I will have to wait for a repeat of Part 2 so I can capture the scenes on the DVR and pause / slo-mo. Anybody else happen to watch?

Jeph
May 28th, 2014, 11:57 PM
TV fountain pen spotting has become an obsession. My girlfriend is past the simply rolling the eyes part when I yell out "Füller!" when watching German TV. I now also get various noises indicating annoyance. I can rarely identify any of them though. But no History channel for me, so the answer to your question is no. :(

jar
May 29th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Since the Waterman 100 year pen was not introduced until 1939 it is unlikely that would be period appropriate. A TDLR, MT or CS would be more likely. The young Churchill was using a pencil and an early Onoto (TDLR).

Roosevelt was using a Sheaffer standard size flat top.