PDA

View Full Version : Lamy 14k EF nib

migo984
May 29th, 2014, 01:25 AM
I bought a Lamy Studio Platinum at a fantastic price but it was only available with a broad nib. I found a 14k EF nib at a great price, and thanks to Murfie for sending it from Australia to UK, I now have it clutched in my sticky mitts. I wanted to give the nib a quick try so I put it on my Lamy Nexx. It feels very decadent to have a gold nib on a Nexx, even temporarily!

It is a very smooth nib, and writes well, with a good ink flow. Much better than the Lamy steel nibs, which I am really not very fond of.

The new Sailor Kobe #48 Marchais Blue ink also arrived yesterday and it is such a perfect colour match for the Nexx pen cap that I couldn't resist trying it out.

RuiFromUK
May 29th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Even if it looks decadent it is writing very well from what you say and the looks of it.

That ink is out of this world and similar to my submission to Pelikan for the 2015 ink of the year. I really like that colour which goes very well with the pen that you are showing in the picture.

Lady Onogaro
May 29th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Now I want a gold nib for my Nexx M (I have one the same color as yours, migo. :)

migo984
May 29th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Now I want a gold nib for my Nexx M (I have one the same color as yours, migo. :)

You obviously have very good taste Lady O :)

I got the nib from here. Price is AUS dollars. I'm in the UK & 1 AUS$ = £0.56, so a good deal for me.

http://www.larrypost.com.au/brands/lamy-shop/lamy-refills/nibs/lamy-14ct-white-gold-nib-suits-lamy-accent-linea-studio.html

This supplier also does other spare parts for Lamy too so is a handy site
http://www.larrypost.com.au/brands/lamy-shop/lamy-spare-parts.html

migo984
May 29th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Even if it looks decadent it is writing very well from what you say and the looks of it.

That ink is out of this world and similar to my submission to Pelikan for the 2015 ink of the year. I really like that colour which goes very well with the pen that you are showing in the picture.

A Pelikan ink in a similar shade would be a great Ink of the Year for 2015, Rui. Good luck with your submission.