PDA

View Full Version : Campo Marzio Ambassador Turtle

Bogon07
May 31st, 2014, 03:43 AM
I didn't realise the CampoMarzio shop in sold fountain pens until I saw it mentioned on Youstruckgold's blog "Ecclectibits"
http://ecclectitbits.blogspot.com.au/
They were having a sale so I took the opportunity to add a turtle Ambassador fountain pen to my collection. This cartridge converter came with a cartridge stored in the barrel plus a small bottle of five cartridges. The generic Iridium point nib is very smooth. Although the resin is called turtle I say it is more like a tiger eye with some pearlescence.
The pen itself is slightly larger than a Visconti Rembrandt as you can see from the photo.

bleair
May 31st, 2014, 06:07 AM
That is a striking looking pen.

It's available for sale in Australia
http://www.campomarzioaustralia.com.au/shop/shop-by-product/pens/fountain-pens/ambassador-fountain-pen-turtle/

though it appears sold out for the united states.

Nice pen.

kaisnowbird
June 1st, 2014, 11:29 PM
$145? :shocked: I could almost buy an Edison production line (eg. Collier Antique Marble)! I trust Mr Bogon didn't pay nearly this much for his pen.

I tried their nib in store once and thought they felt like some of my cheap Chinese pens. So I walked away.

Bogon07
June 2nd, 2014, 02:25 AM
$145? :shocked: I could almost buy an Edison production line (eg. Collier Antique Marble)! I trust Mr Bogon didn't pay nearly this much for his pen.

I tried their nib in store once and thought they felt like some of my cheap Chinese pens. So I walked away.

At 30% off I'm very happy with this pen. It has quite thick resin & quite weighty compared to one of Mr Gray's masterworks.
This one has a super smooth steel nib.
I'd rather pay $100 for this than a Montblank :bounce:

amk
June 2nd, 2014, 03:56 AM
Campo Marzio are quite pretty pens, but only come with medium nib. I think they're overpriced at retail, but if you can get them in a sale, the acrylics are nice pens and well balanced.

jar
June 2nd, 2014, 07:27 AM
I'm not quite sure that Campo Marzio pens qualify as Italian; where are they made?

Lady Onogaro
June 2nd, 2014, 07:08 PM

At 30% off I'm very happy with this pen. It has quite thick resin & quite weighty compared to one of Mr Gray's masterworks.

It's very pretty. Is it big? It looks quite big in the picture.

Bogon07
June 2nd, 2014, 07:25 PM

It's very pretty. Is it big? It looks quite big in the picture.

It possibility feels a little bigger than it really is but comfortable to use.
Longer and wider than the Visconti Rembrandt. A bit longer than the width of a Rhodia #16 pad as you can see from the last photo.

It also feels heavier than expected due to the thickness of the resin I suppose.

The shop had Ivory, Black and attractive stripey Brown versions as well.

VertOlive
June 2nd, 2014, 07:55 PM
Good lookin'!