PDA

View Full Version : 1980s Ero Piston Filler with Flex-ish "1" Nib Black w/ Blue Ink Window

KBeezie
June 2nd, 2014, 11:41 PM
I have here a German Ero piston filling pen with a "1" Nib. I'm not sure of the history on these other than this one originally had a nib with a broken tine and I replaced it with a good "1" nib which appears to have some degree of flex to it without that much pressure, but I am not certain that it was ever intended as a flex nib.

The body and cap have some scratches on it, as well as some dings that you can see on the clip and silver colored ring near the top of the cap (tried to get the best picture I could so you can see them). The piston mechanism works smoothly, I've only really used Noodler's Saguaro Wine and Diamine Eclipse in this pen, but I don't use it much at all as of late.

The nib/feed unit unscrews from the section, I'm not sure of what size it is, and I do not know if you can rig something like a #5 into the nib/feed collar. But the nib on it currently feels pretty good so I didn't mess with it.

Some write samples I did earlier when I had it inked.

Some Noodler's Saguaro Wine on some Rhodia 80g

Some Diamine Eclipse on Cachet EarthBound paper when I was thanking an FPN member for the bottle of Diamine Eclipse he gave me.

I'm asking $45 USD Shipped (CONUS) or Best offer
I may also be open for trades of Pens or Pen Paraphernalia.

Polyhistor
June 3rd, 2014, 10:26 AM

You were looking for a pen sleeve of some sort for front pocket carry, weren't you? ;)

KBeezie
June 3rd, 2014, 01:23 PM

You were looking for a pen sleeve of some sort for front pocket carry, weren't you? ;)

:bump2:
Among other things yea. :P

Polyhistor
June 4th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Lemme rephrase that :P : Would you be interested in having one (or some other piece of paraphernalia) custom-made in exchange for the Ero? I'm short on funds but always looking for fun, pen/paper-related projects. :)