PDA

View Full Version : TWSBI 580 RB

Lady Onogaro
June 3rd, 2014, 08:26 AM
I just thought I would let people know that the TWSBI 580 Red Blue is now available (Dan mentioned it on FP Geeks page); you can buy it from TWSBI's retail site at TWSBI.com.

I like mango pudding
June 3rd, 2014, 09:16 AM
Yes but sadly only ef, f, and m. No b, 1.1 or 1.5 stubs yet

Jeph
June 3rd, 2014, 09:55 AM
That is weird. If it is just a colored 580, why are the other 580's available with any nib and that one only those 3? Are they not interchangeable?

I like mango pudding
June 3rd, 2014, 10:18 AM
that's what I was wondering too. I took a look at stock 580 clear demo photos and the nib housing /collar/finger grip section looks the same as that for the 580Rb, so I'm not sure what's going on. Presumably to make production cheaper, they'd just use the same parts for essentially the same pen, save for except some colouring in the plastics and a different finial design on the cap.

Having said that, if it were truly interchangeable, I'm not willing to spend an extra $25 on a 1.5 stub yet. Only when it is for sure that the Rb will not be made with the extra sizes will I do that. I suspect the NA market will have those options, as it is now only available off the TSWBI site and intitially in Asia, where they like the finer nib sizes.

ardgedee
June 3rd, 2014, 10:46 AM
The 580 Black Rose Gold is also only available in EF, F, M, B.
For that matter, the TWSBI website only offers the clear demo version of the 700 Vac with stub nibs. The color versions of the 700 Vac do not offer them.

KBeezie
June 5th, 2014, 01:03 AM
When I read the title I thought you meant 580 RollerBall which was kind of making me twitch in confusion, though the idea isn't exactly far-fetched if they can make a refillable pen with an interchangeable nib or RB unit.

I like mango pudding
June 5th, 2014, 01:09 AM
I'll get it when Goulet has them and combine it with a few other items I want to get from him. TWSBI only offers FedEx to international customers and we get burned north of the 49th with import fees, brokerage fees, fedex fees, learning how to read Canadian addresses fees, French fees, . . . .

One time I had to pay more in fees than I did for the actual item. Same goes with UPS. I never buy anything from anyone who ships Fedup or U Piece of Sht

kaisnowbird
June 5th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Yeah, what's with the Fedex only? La Courronne du Comte is selling them at a slightly higher price (if you are outside of EU and get the duty free) but with much cheaper shipping.

serpent
June 5th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Ordered 2 - "EF" Monday morn. They were delivered yesterday mornining, 1 day cross country USPS wasn't bad. look great and real smooth for EF's.