PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: NAMIKI FALCON. Black resin with gold accents in a soft fine. From nibs.com

rgperedo
June 4th, 2014, 11:40 PM
I just got this pen in the mail from nibs.com (I purposely ordered from there to make sure the pen was in perfect working condition since it isn't a cheap pen - although price could be subjective I suppose- none the less I wanted the quality assurance John Mottishaw and the nibs.com people offer)

I inked it up with Noodler's Black and wrote with it for a while. It is very entertaining that is for sure, I definitely enjoyed writing with it for a little.

I do however know that I won't be using it much, and I don't want to have pens sitting around that I won't use. I'm sure someone will enjoy it and use it more than I will.

It comes in the original box.

I will have photos up tomorrow.

You can PM me or email me at : rgperedo@gmail.com if you have any questions.

KBeezie
June 5th, 2014, 12:13 AM
Price?

rgperedo
June 5th, 2014, 12:20 AM
check your inbox.
Price?

I like mango pudding
June 5th, 2014, 12:33 AM
Did you get the Spencerian mod to it?

KBeezie
June 5th, 2014, 12:36 AM

I would hope so at the price he's asking for (more than it is new at nibs.com)

rgperedo
June 5th, 2014, 12:41 AM
hahahaha why don't you check your inbox. I think maybe you should explain my prices before you start slandering me.

rgperedo
June 5th, 2014, 12:42 AM
No, I did not.

KBeezie
June 5th, 2014, 12:52 AM

Not really slandering, you had the pen for one day. I just simply don't agree with your asking price at the savings of free shipping compared to the pen brand new. (it's usually my policy not to pay more than 30% off new price if the pen is 'used', that's just my personal policy). I also don't care for the PM-for-price format of sales. But that's up to you. And I also replied back to you what I think would probably be the best course of action with nibs.com in terms of return policy since I feel that selling it used is still going to incur about the same amount of loss as just taking a hit with the re-stocking fee if you didn't want store credit.

I'm not trying to be insulting, I just don't agree.

rgperedo
June 5th, 2014, 12:54 AM
So, since KBeezie was kind enough to say I'm asking for some ridiculous price here is the price and the justification:
I would like to sell this pen for $145 shipped ( with paypal gift option )
I paid $144 on nibs.com (KBeezie mentioned that I want more than what the pen costs new) which is true, but this also includes shipping in CONUS.
This pen new from nibs.com with shipping comes out to $156. So I would be taking a loss if that's what everyone is interested in.

So if anyone is seriously interested in a great pen that was literally used once for a very fair price, please PM me or email me at: rgperedo@gmail.com

So here is some more information for non-believers. The invoice from nibs.com with the price, and the ups tracking info that states the pen was delivered to Valley Stream NY yesterday at 10 in the morning:
http://s12.postimg.org/o4efwcgvh/Screen_Shot_2014_06_05_at_2_31_48_AM.png
http://s29.postimg.org/4wl6pgs2v/Screen_Shot_2014_06_05_at_2_34_04_AM.png
thanks for looking!!!

rgperedo
June 5th, 2014, 02:14 AM

Not really slandering, you had the pen for one day. I just simply don't agree with your asking price at the savings of free shipping compared to the pen brand new. (it's usually my policy not to pay more than 30% off new price if the pen is 'used', that's just my personal policy). I also don't care for the PM-for-price format of sales. But that's up to you. And I also replied back to you what I think would probably be the best course of action with nibs.com in terms of return policy since I feel that selling it used is still going to incur about the same amount of loss as just taking a hit with the re-stocking fee if you didn't want store credit.

I'm not trying to be insulting, I just don't agree.

Your personal policies and your preferences as far as buying and selling don't constitute what I prefer or what anyone else prefers. So I don't understand why it's even necessary to mention that. If you don't care for the PM-for-price format then you didn't have to PM me. I rather sell that way, but obviously that's not going to happen this time because I have to defend myself from your criticism on my selling thread, which is honestly, discourteous.

This isn't insulting per say "I would hope so at the price he's asking for (more than it is new at nibs.com)" but you should admit it isn't very amiable or good natured. You don't have to buy my pen, but lets call a spade a spade, you're not being a very cordial fellow FP Geek.

I have read the return policy for nibs.com and I decided to sell it here instead of returning it to the site (which is my personal decision anyway). I don't understand why you would even be invested in my decisions about my pen.

So anyone who is interested I can part with the pen for $140 shipped (with pp gift option in CONUS) which I believe is more than fair for the buyer and for the seller.

And I'm not insulted, disagreements happen often.

Cheers.

rgperedo
June 5th, 2014, 07:36 PM
GONE ! :)