PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy?

Silverbreeze
June 5th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Am I entering something wrong???
How can both Australia and Canada both be $1.15

Not begrudging the stamps, just one is 4 hours by car the other is 14 by plane or something

Could it be the same rate???

ypsilanti
June 5th, 2014, 05:12 PM
You may in fact be crazy, but you're not wrong: $1.15 is the international rate for letters and postcards. Up to the first ounce. After that, I do believe there are "zones" with different rates.

Silverbreeze
June 5th, 2014, 05:38 PM
You may in fact be crazy, but you're not wrong: $1.15 is the international rate for letters and postcards. Up to the first ounce. After that, I do believe there are "zones" with different rates.

Hardy har har :-)

inkyletters
June 5th, 2014, 05:38 PM

Canada and Mexico you get two ounces. But for a basic letter...... yup. $1.15 across the board.

cwent2
June 5th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I really like ypsilanti's response - always be aware of the question you ask.

You may get the answer, but not exactly how you were hoping

Cw

Silverbreeze
June 5th, 2014, 06:16 PM
I really like ypsilanti's response - always be aware of the question you ask.

You may get the answer, but not exactly how you were hoping

Cw

lol ypsilanti's one of my pen pals, probably has a better idea on my sanity then I do :-)

Brisboy
June 5th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Am I entering something wrong???
How can both Australia and Canada both be $1.15

Not begrudging the stamps, just one is 4 hours by car the other is 14 by plane or something

Could it be the same rate???

It could be worse, it's au$2.60 to send a letter from here to the us. Slightly cheaper to Asia so I suppose it doesn't actually compare and I just like complaining. :thumbup:

Silverbreeze
June 5th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Actually that's why I was worried I was missing something. I was expecting QLD to be between $2 and $3!

I like mango pudding
June 5th, 2014, 10:12 PM
that's because we Canadians like ripping off you 'mericuns. :whip:

kataish
June 9th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Oh man I WISH it was that cheap from Canada!

Within Canada it is 85c, to the US it is $1.20 and to anywhere else it is $2.50. Thats up to 30grams (1.05 ounces).

johnus
June 10th, 2014, 12:31 AM
And my question is: and why if it was sent to any of us from China, it would be FREE!! and that would be by air and recorded!!!