PDA

View Full Version : My Positive Pilot/Namiki Pen Repair Experience.

sbl212
June 6th, 2014, 03:34 PM
About two months ago I picked up a pre-owned Namiki Falcon. After playing around with it for a bit I liked it and had fun writing with the semi flex but had on/off issues with ink flow. I tried flushing and using different inks to no avail. It got to the point where it had trouble keeping up even when it was not flexed. Soo I decided to send it in for service.

The reason I am writing this is because when I was contemplating sending my pen in for repair, I couldn't find much about people's experience with them. I read one not so good experience but that was it. So, with my fingers crossed, I hoped for the best and sent it in. I figured a barely working pen is only slightly better than a pen that might never come back.

I contacted Namiki customer service and they gave me instructions on sending it in. They told me there is a 3 week wait. (I figured that's a rough ballpark number they pulled out of thin air and that it'll be at least a month before I see the pen again)

Well three weeks later there it was, in my mailbox! Just as promised.
I open it up and there's the pen wrapped very well in bubble wrap and a sheet describing what was done to it.
They replaced both the feed and the nib (although I only asked for a feed replacement), and they took care of the scratches on the pen. Plus they added a new converter (although they took the old one I sent it in with (I know it's new because I take out the metal agitator)) and an extra black ink cartridge.
All that for no charge! (not including the ~$5 shipping to them)

I am very pleased with their service and a very happy customer.

bitterwonder
June 7th, 2014, 05:12 PM
They were terrific when my twelve year old Vanishing Point malfunctioned and they fixed it.

April 27th, 2015, 11:54 PM
I have one older than that that I just sold on eBay only to find out that it had a crack in the metal pocket clip. I took it back. Can you PM me the address for repair, and the phone number if you still have it?

hungrynerd
February 8th, 2018, 11:51 AM
I would also appreciate the address for repairs, thank you!