PDA

View Full Version : +1 for Mike Masuyama of Mike-It-Work

Okami
April 3rd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Mike took a Sailor 1911 I hated and turned it into a joy to write with - see the post here:

Sailor 1911 Naginata-togi NM (http://okami-whatever.blogspot.com/2009/07/featured-pen-sailor-1911-standard.html)

eriquito
April 3rd, 2010, 07:21 PM
I've confirmed (via email) that Mike will have a table at the Chicago Pen Show (http://www.chicagopenshow.com/).

I've heard nothing but great things about Mike's work. I can't wait to have him ply his magic on a couple of my pens.

=) Eric
Son of Ragnar

Wile E Coyote
April 10th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Maybe it's because people don't like to say negative things in public about a person's work.

Okami
April 10th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Maybe it's because people don't like to say negative things in public about a person's work.

I take that to mean that you are not a fan...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tortoise
April 12th, 2010, 04:34 AM
He has adjusted four of my pens to suit my lower writing angle, and two of those he reground into an EF and a .7 stub. All four pens are among my favorites. He also has very quick turnaround time. He took great care in determining exactly what I wanted done, and did a fantastic job!

CarlosAS
May 1st, 2010, 08:02 PM
Mike has adjusted and reground several pens of mine -- all pens are now among my best writers. I now have 7 pens with him for regrind and/or adjustment. Mike is an utmost professional and takes the time and effort to ensure that he understands what his customer wants. It seems that his customers have increased dramatically since his turnaround time is now 7 weeks. Although I do not mind waiting as I know my pens are in good hands.

JohnGerard
May 2nd, 2010, 05:50 AM
Thanks for these plaudits about Mike. I was wondering who to go to, and this helped me make my decision.

dannzeman
May 3rd, 2010, 08:31 PM
I can confirm that Mike is a first class gentleman! eriquito and I met him at the Chicago Pen Show this past weekend and it was a pleasure to watch him work. I didn't have any pens tuned by him as do all that work myself, but eriquito had 3 pens tuned by him and they turned out great. He works quickly but precisely and his prices are more than fair. In fact, if kinda felt like we were ripping him off. Hopefully, eriquito will have more to say.

But that's exactly what this forum is for. If you've had a bad experience we want to know about it. But, make sure you read the rules for this forum before you do so. It's important that people know the kind of person they're sending their most treasured items to.