PDA

View Full Version : Bought some wonderful old German pens from Lexaf

bc.hiker
June 7th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Just wanted to send out big kudos to Lexaf in The Netherlands. I bought a couple of wonderful old German pens {piston fillers} from Lex and can't say enough good things about the way in which he handled the sale. The shipping was fast, the pens were fantastic and Lex is one of the greatest people you could ever 'meet' on a forum. I'm so new at pens and he offered great advice. I had never used a piston filler, so needed info as to how they work. If you're ever looking at pens that Lex is selling, don't hesitate - it'll be nothing less than a great buying experience and you'll probably have made a new friend in The Netherlands. :)

RuiFromUK
June 8th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Great reference about Lexaf. Has he got a website or does he list the pens here in the forum?

ardgedee
June 8th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Lexaf has been restoring a lot of no-name German pens in small batches, and putting them up for sale here and on FPN.

The first paragraph of his most recent sale (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/7215-N-O-S-Old-German-No-Name-Fountain-Pens-ca-1935-Boxed-Flex-Bock-Steel-Nib) has an explanation and some useful links.

And I agree with bc.hiker: He is a good, responsible seller and does great restoration work.

RuiFromUK
June 8th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Hi ard,

Thank you very much.

Robert
June 8th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Mine arrived yesterday - much faster than I had expected. Very fine packing, too. I had a question about the piston mechanism, and Lex responded very quickly.

I definitely will keep an eye out for Lex's future sales.

Dreck
June 8th, 2014, 01:09 PM
I concur. Mine arrived yesterday; at least a week sooner than I was expecting it to arrive. He did a masterful job of restoring it. Although it's not likely to replace my Konrad as my daily go-to, I like the way it looks & writes, & I'm thrilled to have a vintage pen.

tandaina
June 8th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Yup! I just got a very pretty one with a semi flex nib from him. :)

john
July 24th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Surely will buy more pens from Lex after he's back from his vacation. Great guy from Netherlands