PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Northern Minnesota

dcpritch
June 7th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone, dcpritch here from Northern Minnesota.

I'm not new to fountain pens, having used them for more than twenty years. I have developed an unusual attraction to pens with stub nibs, meaning that if I see one for sale rarely can I resist a purchase. The same thing applies to really great flex nibbed pens, though I can sometimes resist those. As a result I have far too many pens, but I love writing with each and every one of them. I generally have 8 to 12 pens inked at any one time. Which reminds me, I love ink, too! And paper!

I usually hang out at FPN and occasionally on Pentrace, but this is such a great place with "cool" fountain pen geeks I thought I'd join this forum. I have lots of fountain pen friends here and look forward to chatting with everyone and keeping current.

Best, DAVID

KrazyIvan
June 7th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Hi David. I recognize your username from FPN. Welcome to the board.

writingrav
June 7th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Welcome David. With all the FPN people coming over I thought I'd give FPN another try. I found it overwhelming the first time I went months ago and still found it that way though I recognized more familiar names. I just like the cosy space here at FP Geeks.

goldiesdad
June 7th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Howdy David ... Welcome

Maja
June 8th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Welcome to FPGeeks, David! :welcome:
I, too, recognize your username from FPN. Nice to have you on board! ;)

ink mixer
June 9th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Welcome! Your Platinum is behaving wonderfully.

jfsisler
June 9th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Welcome! I know what you mean about being able to resist purchases....it's like the cult of the pen gods has brainwashed me and I have a hard time saying no to a new purchase.

melissa59
June 9th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hi David. I hope you were able to make it to the podcast this morning.

tytoalba
June 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Another from the FPN fold ; )

tried to join the live cast today. could see everyone having a blast, but no sound.
signed in at ustream also, plus tried rebooting, no go.

hope it will be available to view on youtube later.

Chi Town
June 9th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Hey David, Glad to see you stopped over for a visit! Hope you are doing well and having Fun today :-)

dcpritch
June 14th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Hi Everyone and thanks for the warm welcome. I was at our cabin on Saturday with very poor reception (which normally is a big plus when you want to get away), so I couldn't tune in to the podcast. Hope to hang out here some more and learn a few things from you guys.

Cheers, DAVID

manoeuver
June 14th, 2012, 10:13 AM
welcome David.