PDA

View Full Version : 3 Pens Under $30 with 14k nibs!

mastersmith
June 9th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Here's your chance to get some vintage pens with genuine 14k nibs for under $30. These pens may not be perfect, but you can't beat them for the price!

First off, we have an Eversharp Fifth Avenue fountain pen in dubonnet red (burgundy) with a smoooth medium/broad 14k nib.
These pens didn't sell too well back in the day, and while an interesting design intellectually, the look just was not what the public was looking for in a pen at that time.

This example does have it's issues, there is some show through on the cap and there is a small amount of wear around the edges of the lever. There are no major scratches on this pen.

This pen is $23+$5.80 for shipping.

Next, we have two great examples of the oft-overlooked Wearever Zenith. I honestly thought that I would not be able to sell them, they looked so bad when I got them, but they really cleaned up into some beautiful pens.

I know what you're thinking "Wearever? Pass. ", but hold on just a second and let me explain them for a moment before you brush them off.

These pens were one of the top offerings from the Wearever pen company at the time they were released. They had fairly good 14k nibs, gold trim and were double jeweled with red(!) jewels!

The first one that I have today is Navy blue example. This pen had been in an attic in Louisiana for years when I found it, and there is a slight bend in the pen towards the end of the pen, and there are some scuffs on the pen but there are no cracks or large scratches.
Both of the Jewels are intact.

The nib on this pen is great- its a semi-flex 14k gold fine nib, and on the underside it has the clear "c-fill" feed. You can see this in the pictures- I tested the pen with blue ink.

Not a perfect pen by any means, but a good opportunity to get some vintage semi-flexiness.

Yours for $20+$5.80 for shipping.

Last, and certainly not least, I have a black example of the Wearever Zenith.

This is one good-looking pen, one that shows just how good a black and gold pen can look. (One with red jewels to boot!)

With the exception of one place just above the imprint, this pen is almost immaculate. There is no trim wear, and there are only a few scratches on the entire pen. There is some sort of gouge, or melt or blemish or something- please see the pictures.

The nib is another really nice, medium semi-flex nib that just goes to show what a brand that is often overlooked could do.

This pen can be yours for $25+5.80 for shipping.

There is a one year workmanship warranty on the pens. If there are any issues with my workmanship- such as the sac- I will fix it. This does not include problems from user error such as bad pen hygiene, the buyer disassembling the pen, issues with the mechanics or materials of the pen, the buyer dropping the pen, user error or any other issue by my own discretion.
In the U.S. I use Priority mail flat rate boxes for my pens because they come with tracking and $50 worth of insurance. If you want a different method, please contact me.
International buyers, please contact for shipping quote.
Find more pictures at http://kimballspens.blogspot.com/2014/06/3-pens-under-30-with-14k-nibs.html
Please don't hesitate to contact me at regarding more information or pictures!
First "I'll take it" gets the pen, regardless of other conversations.
Will

mastersmith
June 11th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Black Zenith is sold!

mastersmith
June 19th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Bump!

mastersmith
June 26th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Bump!