PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Esterbrook Pens/Nibs/Repair supplies etc.

todayilearned
June 13th, 2014, 12:29 AM
I used to have a big Esterbrook collection so I bought these items if I ever needed to repair some of them. Unfortunately I ended up selling all my Esterbrook pens and I no longer have a need for this stuff.

Asking $55 Shipped SOLD! CONUS via USPS Priority.

I will not split up the sale. It's an all or nothing lot.

Nibs:
- 9550 x 2

Repair Items:
5 # 16 sacs
1 bottle of barely used Sac Orange Shellac

Included for free:
These nibs are modified from original or have damage. I am including these for free

- 2668 - Looks like it has been modified as a left olique
- 9314-F - Looks like it has been modified as a left olique
- 2668 - Bad condition. Has dried blue ink on it and slightly bent.

Pens for repair or parts:

- Black Esterbrook SJ - Jewels are fine and J bar works. Needs section and has paint on it that I can't remove
- Blue Esterbrook Dollar pen - Needs J-bar
- Black Esterbrook Transitional J - sac is old and crusted in there.
- Blue Esterbrook J - Beautiful pen but there is a crack in the cap. Functionally it's fine!
- Gray Esterbrook J - Needs JBar and Section/Sac. There is some paint on barrel I can't seem to get off. Jewels are fine but the
clip on cap rotates.
- Green Esterbrook SJ - both jewels are cracked and barrels have engraving. Probably not worth fixing. Can use the lever off it or practice polishing.

If you would like the cigar box to put everything in please add $10 for shipping.

http://i.imgur.com/XnsX8LT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XasstP5.jpg

checkrail
June 14th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Sorry to raise hopes for a sale... I am OK for Esterbrook artefacts.
The pen boards are full of Esterbrook enthusiasm and you are the first person I can recall saying s/he has cleared out of them. Out of interest I wondered why they completely lost favour.
Kind regards
Timothy

todayilearned
June 14th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Sorry to raise hopes for a sale... I am OK for Esterbrook artefacts.
The pen boards are full of Esterbrook enthusiasm and you are the first person I can recall saying s/he has cleared out of them. Out of interest I wondered why they completely lost favour.
Kind regards
Timothy

For the money a good Esterbrook pen writes better than anything currently on the market. An estie J w/ 2556 writes almost as smooth as my $250+ pens. It's ridiculous that a workhorse pen from 60 years ago compares to my Bexley Americana w/ 18K gold nib. It's definitely stiffer but the line is just as smooth and continuous. The only thing it can't beat is my old Delta w/ 18k nib.

I am moving for medical school in a few weeks. All my note, textbooks and journals will be in electronic format. I just won't have time to use these anymore. I would rather see them being put to good use than sitting in closet.

Also, there is limited space in my car and basic necessities take priority over my hobbies.

todayilearned
June 20th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Bump for price drop!