PDA

View Full Version : Discussion thread suggestion

RayCornett
June 16th, 2014, 10:11 PM
"Finds". An actual discussion forum section for people to show off their new acquisitions from garage sales, pen shows, flea markets, etc. Especially the steals.....

Jon Szanto
June 16th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Seems like a single thread could take care of that. I've seen it before. Are you sure an entire sub-forum is warranted? (Just brainstorming here...)

RayCornett
June 16th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Perhaps not but it would end having many on the same subject. I will do a search and see what's going.

Lexaf
June 17th, 2014, 10:44 AM
I think a sub forum on the subject 'finds' as suggested by Ray would be very welcome and interesting.
Why a sub forum and not a single thread? In a sub forum the separate 'finds' could be replied and commented upon individually, and I think that would create more interesting threads than a pile of postings in a single thread, where the eventual comments on the different posted findings would be mixed up.
Just my 2 cents...

Edited for typos

mmahany
June 17th, 2014, 11:51 AM
In order to generate enough traffic. Perhaps it could be combined with questions regarding pen identifications.

Finds, buys, and acquisitions likely won't generate more than a couple threads a week.

RayCornett
June 17th, 2014, 04:50 PM
I know that there is another FP site with such a main discussion and it seems to do quite well.Who doesnt like to brag about the recent good find, like the MB 149 I saw a guy get from a fleamarket for 25 bucks. It happens and we like to brag :)