View Full Version : Pelikan Souveran M800 (old logo) and Pelikan Souveran K800

gdragon
June 18th, 2014, 02:01 AM
Hello,
auction with a set of Pelikan M800 and K800 very good price
http://cgi.ebay.pl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111384916612

top pen
June 18th, 2014, 02:32 AM
Haven't you posted about this 4 times know...

csg77
June 18th, 2014, 02:59 AM
Haven't you posted about this 4 times know...

Not only posted it 4 times, but have already sold it to me two weeks ago, and taken my money without sending! After 1 week of excuses for not sending, seeing this re-posted means I will be filing a complaint with Paypal if I do not hear from you immediately.

Mods, please monitor this user - I will update you if I receive the pen.

Chris

Hawk
June 18th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Chris, keep us informed.

ShallowJam
June 18th, 2014, 11:30 PM
I tried to buy this pen from this user a couple of weeks ago. The entire conversation seemed sketchy to me (said he had other buyers waiting on me, kept trying to raise the price, failed to mention significant plating loss, etc) so although I am not surprised to hear he may have tried to scam you, I am still sorry that happened. Please keep us posted on how this develops. Paypal is usually pretty good at siding with the buyer.

broadoblique
June 18th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Has someone notified ebay at the link?

I wish you luck

top pen
June 19th, 2014, 02:08 AM
Generally speaking if an item is too good to be true, it often is.

csg77
July 14th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Hi everyone, just to pass on some good news - the seller did not respond to any further emails from myself or Paypal, and they found in my favour returning all of the purchase price. A good lesson for me to not be too trusting, but everyone else I have met in the pen world is so nice that it is a shame for one or two to spoil it...

ShallowJam
July 14th, 2014, 02:34 PM
That's good to hear. Paypal usually rules in favour of the buyer, for better or worse, thankfully the former today!

HeresyHammer
July 14th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Sadly, con men and charlatans still exist in this day and age. They may not be roaming door to door swindling widows like in "Paper Moon," but they're still out there. Gratefully today there are services like PayPal that provide a level of security to that kind of behavior. It's a royal pain to experience that, but at least you have your hard earned money back.

It's a good lesson for all of us. Sometimes all we see is the item we want and we ignore the subtle signs of deception. I'm always weary when someone selling something doesn't have a rating like grzdon on eBay.