PDA

View Full Version : Dani-Tria Genkai pen- what kind of experience have you had with it?

Wolverine1
June 18th, 2014, 12:20 PM
I am looking at the Genkai, it is a large ED pen. Have any members of this forum had any experience with the pen? Did you have any problems due to it being a EyeDropper filled? Does the shutoff valve work as it is supposed to?
Thank you.
-Sid

Alex2014
June 19th, 2014, 03:28 AM
I got one some months ago in Bengala-dame. It looks really wonderful and had a very good nib. For learning how to use the valve, I have to accustomed to it (for adjusting the ink flow). Now it works well. Mine has some problems regarding the ink leaking through the threats between the section and the barrel. It seems that many ED's have the same problem, so I fixed it with some silicone grease (used for diving equipment). The Genkai is now one of my favorite FP's and I intend to order a Mikado too.

Wolverine1
June 19th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Thanks for your feedback, Alex. It is much appreciated.

raffaela
June 21st, 2014, 07:21 PM
I have a Sho Genkai pen. It took a little time to get used to adjusting the shutoff valve knob for ink flow but its now one of my favorite pens. Never experienced the ink burp common with eyedroppers using this pen. Love this eyedropper, easy to clean and fill.

Wolverine1
June 25th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Now the trick is to find a Genkai in the secondary market, because it is rather expensive if I were to get one from John Mottishaw.