PDA

View Full Version : Sheaffer Tuckaway

twieleba
June 18th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Hi all,
I have a brown Sheaffer Tuckaway (non military clip) that advances the lead through a twist mechanism. I've been using it only by front load, is this correct? Also, what size lead would it take? My supply is weaning down.

Joe Nemecek
June 20th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Hi all,
I have a brown Sheaffer Tuckaway (non military clip) that advances the lead through a twist mechanism. I've been using it only by front load, is this correct? Also, what size lead would it take? My supply is weaning down.

Your Tuckaway takes 1.1mm lead and loads from the front. Great pencil.

paultyler_82
June 27th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Lovely pencil, have one as part of the three piece Tucky set, Pencil, Triumph Vac-Fill, and Stratowriter ballpoint.

twieleba
June 27th, 2014, 08:30 PM
I had the companion touchdown filler but it fell out of my pocket one day and was ran over by a truck before i noticed, I still have the nib as a memento

paultyler_82
June 28th, 2014, 03:26 PM
I had the companion touchdown filler but it fell out of my pocket one day and was ran over by a truck before i noticed, I still have the nib as a memento

Oh no, sorry to hear that. My Tucky set is probably one of my favorite pieces and is my best antique mall hunting score; got the set in the original blue clamshell case for about $25. The pencil needed no work, the FP needed a filler restoration. The ballpoint needs one of the brass widgets so I can put the newer Sheaffer refills in, just haven't gotten around to that yet.