rbiemer
June 11th, 2012, 06:12 AM
This morning, organizing some correspondence while the lake wakes up:

How about yours, folks?
Rob

melissa59
June 11th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Nice pic. :-)
And thanks for the reminder. I would LOVE an Edison pen!

KrazyIvan
June 11th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Like out in nature?

rbiemer
June 11th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Like out in nature?
Not necessarily, more in their native environment. Being used, in other words.
The thread title was a bit tongue in cheek.
Rob

Rich L
June 11th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Wild pens. If I leave them out in the wild too long they grow hair.

In the scene: 2 Parkers, 1 Sailors, 2 Metalwrites, 1 Edison, and 3 Conway Stewarts

and dust (precursor to hair)

Cheers,
Rich

Bogon07
June 11th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Rbiemer, Nice pen. Your photo is reminescent of those by Patrick Ng on his Scription blog.

Rich L, Great block of wood to hold your pens. I like the browny gold check one,

Rich L
June 11th, 2012, 06:07 PM
That would be the Parker Duofold International Amber Check.

:cheers:

rbiemer
June 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Bogon07, Thanks! It's a Haolilai, not sure which model but it writes ok and has decent heft--it's metal.
Rich L, yes that is a nice chunk of wood and I like how the pens are not likely to bump into each other.

Rob

EDIT: corrected "Haolilai" spelling.

Rich L
June 13th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Here's another wood stand that I made without a lot of planning. The pattern in the top was made with an ancient ornamental turning lathe. Can't even remember how I held it in the lathe ...

This pen is not wild.

Cheers,
Rich

Bogon07
June 13th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Rich L, interesting sort of flower petal pattern. The single pen one has an Excaliber look to it and the greyish wood used carries on the rock theme.

rbiemer
July 3rd, 2012, 08:13 AM
I am a member of a camera forum and over there I started a postcard project. This morning, I started addressing the 60 cards I'm sending out:
I did ink the glass pen and found its nib to be a bit too broad for some of the addresses but it does write pretty well! And you can sort of see the pink glowy finial on the cap.
I used Moo.com to print my cards and the paper is fairly glossy so I can't stack the cards for a little while while the ink dries.

Rob

manoeuver
July 13th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Here's how I've taken to carrying my TWSBI 540. It's become the knife's constant companion. The screw-on cap keeps it closed in my pocket- no way I'd try this with my trusty al-star.

So when I leave the house with just one pen, it's the 540, in my pocket thus. I've done whole weekends on the road with just me 540.

Bogon07
July 15th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Great photo Manoeuver. I hope you didn't go cross-eyed trying to focus the camera.
Which ink goes out on the road in the TWSBI ?

manoeuver
July 15th, 2012, 07:29 PM
thanks! I used my new phone, the camera's what sold me on it.

I take it out with Waterman Havana Brown. It dries nice and quick. I love the way the 1.1 stub spreads my PR Ebony Green around, but it's wet enough that unfortunately my hand smears it a lot as well. I've actually only filled the pen three times since I got it in early March.