PDA

View Full Version : "Pocketmod" Have you folks seen this?

rbiemer
June 11th, 2012, 07:28 AM
This might be old news to y'all but I have been using this for a while. Thought you might appreciate it.
Print it on your paper of choice and they are pretty handy to have--I usually have one in my wallet, haven't figured out a separate cover.
See here:

http://www.pocketmod.com/

I like that they are very customizable, I can choose the type and color of paper, and that they are cheap. And small.
And, I think it would be fairly easy to make your own templates if the options available at the site don't suit.

Rob

etoyoc
June 11th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Ahh.... I recall something like this once before for students to use for vocab and I used one once before (when I was in *much* better shape) for the 100 push up program. I hadn't thought of these things for years. However, I can see getting some 32lb HP paper and using that for a pocket notebook if I already didn't have a stash of other notebooks for that purpose.

KrazyIvan
June 11th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Yup, I used one for a while then moved on to notebooks.

writingrav
June 11th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Truth is I tried this once and found it unacceptable, but to each his own:)

manoeuver
June 11th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I also tried it and put it down.

I need to get back on the hundred pushups program. I got through week 5 and got too busy or something.

melissa59
June 11th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Looks like something fun to play with.
I don't really need a planner these days, but maybe I'll use it to make a grocery list ... just because I can. :-)

Bogon07
June 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM
KrazyIvan linked to it ages ago on another forum.
I still use Pocket Mod and carry one around in my wallet.

Pity the calendar hasn't been updated for 2012.

jor412
June 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks Rob. Very useful.

Bogon07
August 19th, 2012, 11:45 PM
The calendar has been fixed for this year and next and there are also some extra page options.

KrazyIvan
August 20th, 2012, 08:40 AM
For this year? It's more than half over. :(

Bogon07
August 20th, 2012, 11:34 PM
For this year? It's more than half over. :(

I usually seem to reprint a new one every three months so it will still be handy for this year.

Sony
September 15th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Yeah,I know pocket mod ,one of my friend have this ,I like the Pocket Mod really a good small book with guides on each page.actually these guides or templates, combined with a unique folding style and enable a normal piece of paper to become the ultimate note card. It is hard to describe just how incredibly useful the PocketMod is.Really!

KrazyIvan
September 15th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Your links are a bit spammy.

Bogon07
January 20th, 2014, 05:43 PM
It has been a slow start to the year but now it is time to print off a new one.

subramaniyam
January 20th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Superb! Now I dont have to lug around with a big notebook for the lab.....

kaisnowbird
January 21st, 2014, 05:31 PM
Thank you Bogon for reactivating this thread. I love it!

Now I can have my fortnightly planner, to-do list, shopping list and random quick notes all in my wallet, only taking up the space of a credit card. Yay~

Bogon07
January 21st, 2014, 05:56 PM
It took a while to find the thread because I could not bloody well remember the name of the damn thing nor the link.

It's good to see the designer also made a few enhancements too.

KrazyIvan
January 22nd, 2014, 08:54 AM
I know it kind of defeats the purpose but I just printed one out with the intention of cutting out the panes and gluing them into my current notebook pages. I might print a second one for its intended purpose.

scrivelry
January 22nd, 2014, 11:34 AM
I had set up a planner for actually planning.

I had set up two calenders - one large, one I can carry around, for getting dates correct

This seems to fit in the last part... the thing I can have in my wallet or small calender for details of the day.

kaisnowbird
January 24th, 2014, 06:39 AM
It took a while to find the thread because I could not bloody well remember the name of the damn thing nor the link.

Well, your efforts are very much appreciated. :)

Sailor Kenshin
January 24th, 2014, 07:14 AM
I think I'm gonna try this....hmmm, now what paper?

KrazyIvan
January 24th, 2014, 09:25 AM
HP Laser paper seems like it will hold up very well and is FP friendly.

mmahany
January 24th, 2014, 01:49 PM
I guess I'm at a loss for why anyone would ever use this.

kaisnowbird
January 25th, 2014, 08:35 AM
I guess I'm at a loss for why anyone would ever use this.

Well, I for one don't use a smartphone and would like to keep on me:
- my grocery shopping list,
- a quick to-do list,
- a summary of this week's appointments and next week's key events, and
- a piece of paper to take random notes.

This little 'notebook' is fully customisable and allows me to keep all of the above and more in the size of a credit card inside my wallet. The best part - I get to use my FP more often.

I see myself creating a new one whenever I use up all the space in the old one.

Sailor Kenshin
January 25th, 2014, 10:10 AM
I've been using a teeny pocket notebook for this, from Dollar Tree, with India paper. But I'm interested in Pocketmod because I've been jotting grocery lists on random paper scraps.

BikerBabe
January 25th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I use my phone for this, the notepad and calendar in it is fine.
And I always carry my phone with me, but not always my notebook. ;)