PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying Waterman Model...

HeresyHammer
June 22nd, 2014, 08:56 PM
Hello FPGeeks,

I need help identifying the model of this particular Waterman (a range of years would be good too). I do not own a single Waterman, but my friend drop this off today for me to inspect. He bought it at a local antique store for 25 bucks. I cleaned it for him and it writes like a dream. I absolutely love the "flex and spring" of the nib and now I guess I'm going to have to find one for myself. (The envy is already beginning to build and I'm beginning to plot his demise.) The pictures below can explain the pen better than my words. However, here is some additional information that the pictures may not show.

On the bottom of the barrel is the number 3. The nib says, Waterman Ideal, Reg. US, PAT OFF, 2. This information is also inscribed on the side of the barrel.

Any help will be greatly appreciated because I have got to get one of these for my own collection. Vintage Waterman may have found itself another devotee.

Thanks,

HeresyHammer

Tony Rex
June 22nd, 2014, 09:19 PM
That's a 1930s Waterman's #32, Father. Nice pen.

HeresyHammer
June 22nd, 2014, 09:37 PM
Thanks Tony for the quick response. It's a great pen. After cleaning and inking it up, I can't put it down. The only problem is that it isn't mine. I don't have to heart to ask my friend to sell it. He's only getting into the hobby and needs this pen to experience what an awesome pen can do. Oh, well, half the fun is in the hunt, right? I guess I'll be off to the WtB part of the forum.

VertOlive
June 23rd, 2014, 07:58 PM
Nice ink choice with that pen color!

HeresyHammer
June 23rd, 2014, 09:46 PM
Thanks VertOlive,

When my friend brought the Waterman to me to clean it up, I told him I have the perfect ink for that pen... Ancient Copper. Now all I have to do is get one of my own and I'm in business. That's really what prompted the Antique trip that won me the Parker Duofold. I didn't find a Waterman 32, but I'm not complaining either. :)