PDA

View Full Version : More Parker 45's

Murfie
June 24th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Inspired by member CaptiveLight's recent photo thread (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5376-Some-Of-My-45-s) and my own love of the ubiquitous Parker 45, here's a couple more shots of some of my own pens. Unlike the rarer ones and Flighters magnificently photographed by CaptiveLight, these guys are some of the more bog standard common colors.

The 45 has much going for it. They are very easy to completely disassemble, facilitating flushing. They take a converter or cartridge, offer choices of steel, 10kt and 14kt gold nibs from XF to B, are readily available including quite an amount of NOS examples. With a little work on the micromesh, these pens make great everyday writers and the olive one in the photos hasn't left my inked roster since I received it. It just loves the Cult Pens/Diamine Deep Dark ink series.

The colors are (from the top) ...

Burgundy/Green
Midnight Blue
Dark Grey
Olive
Matador Red

migo984
June 24th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Inspired by member CaptiveLight's recent photo thread (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5376-Some-Of-My-45-s) and my own love of the ubiquitous Parker 45, here's a couple more shots of some of my own pens. Unlike the rarer ones and Flighters magnificently photographed by CaptiveLight, these guys are some of the more bog standard common colors.

The 45 has much going for it. They are very easy to completely disassemble, facilitating flushing. They take a converter or cartridge, offer choices of steel, 10kt and 14kt gold nibs from XF to B, are readily available including quite an amount of NOS examples. With a little work on the micromesh, these pens make great everyday writers and the olive one in the photos hasn't left my inked roster since I received it. It just loves the Cult Pens/Diamine Deep Dark ink series.

The colors are (from the top) ...

Burgundy/Green
Midnight Blue
Dark Grey
Olive
Matador Red

Beautiful photos Murfie. I share your love for these great little pens. Yours are wonderful examples, beautifully presented. I covet your Olive Green and Matador Red ones. They make my own P45s look positively tatty.

vikramguliya
June 26th, 2014, 12:19 AM
NIce collections!!

Spikey Mike
June 26th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Great pens and well presented ... I just can't help having a soft spot for these pens. Thank you for sharing ...

Malcolm
June 28th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Nice set of 45's. Great pens.

amk
June 28th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Very nice pens. When I started collecting, I really didn't like Parkers - probably because I started at school with a Parker 25, a horrible, hard starting, dry writing, nail.

I got my first couple of 51s. Still didn't see what the fuss was all about. (I think, in retrospect, they both had nib issues that didn't help.)

Then I got a 45. Now I have seven. And I love Parkers.

Murfie
June 28th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Then I got a 45. Now I have seven. And I love Parkers.
That sums it up very well indeed. Thank you for your post.

kaisnowbird
July 5th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Hi Murfie, these photos are very effective enablers.
These 45s are in such admirable condition and your pictures are always so clean!
I need to go and look for one.

Murfie
July 5th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Hi Murfie, these photos are very effective enablers. I need to go and look for one.
Uh, oh. This will drive the prices up ... :)

Bogon07
July 5th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Hi Murfie, these photos are very effective enablers. I need to go and look for one.
Uh, oh. This will drive the prices up ... :)

Ditto to both of you.