PDA

View Full Version : Nock Co Pen Cases + new stuff

migo984
June 25th, 2014, 11:50 AM
For all of you who have been waiting patiently, the Nock Co online shop is finally open:

http://nockco.com

I bought all their Kickstarter cases late last year and I've been very pleased with them since they arrived in March. I use the Lookout 3-pen case every day at work. It's well-designed, robust and protects my pens well for a soft case.

They've got some cool new items as well. I'm going to try the new Fodderstack. There's free shipping for US orders over $50 and a reasonable flat rate for international shipping of $15.

This is a good opportunity to support a new startup.

ardgedee
June 25th, 2014, 12:00 PM
The Brasstown pen case looks similar to an idea I had last year. The main differences improve on what i had in mind... So thanks for the tip!

VertOlive
June 25th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Really like the 3x5 wood block! If only I knw where to find FP friendly index cards...

Jon Szanto
June 25th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Hah, that's funny. I got an email from them saying they were going live around noon on July 25th, and took them at their word. Of course, it was an error, month-wise. Looks like fun stuff, I'm sure to get something. Thanks for the heads-up!

Lady Onogaro
June 25th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Really like the 3x5 wood block! If only I knw where to find FP friendly index cards...

Hey, V.O.--they sell them on the site. See the 3x5 DotDash Note Cards (which "can handle almost any pen and ink you throw at it. Yes, even fountain pens."

Lady Onogaro
June 25th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I bought the 3 pen pouch and the Brasstown.

Jon Szanto
June 25th, 2014, 08:47 PM
I do have one quibble with the Brasstown: nothing prevents the clip/cap hardware from rubbing together once rolled up. I would have expected a flap.

earthdawn
June 25th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Got my order in a little after 12 ... I was order #68 so I guess a LOT of people have been waiting as I have for the day they would open.

I got a couple of the Hightower cases, a pack of 3x5 dot dash cards and some stickers to put me over the $50 threshold to get free shipping.

It shipped today so hopefully I will have them by the weekend... maybe.

trhall
June 26th, 2014, 12:27 AM

Hey, V.O.--they sell them on the site. See the 3x5 DotDash Note Cards (which "can handle almost any pen and ink you throw at it. Yes, even fountain pens."

The dotdash note cards really do handle FP ink well in my limited testing. Need to try more ink and nib combos but pretty happy.

Adhizen
June 26th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Nice cases!!! Just bought two for traveling....

ardgedee
June 26th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I do have one quibble with the Brasstown: nothing prevents the clip/cap hardware from rubbing together once rolled up. I would have expected a flap.

I noticed that too.

Easily addressed by curling up the roll backwards rather than forwards.

Jon Szanto
June 26th, 2014, 12:56 PM
I do have one quibble with the Brasstown: nothing prevents the clip/cap hardware from rubbing together once rolled up. I would have expected a flap.Easily addressed by curling up the roll backwards rather than forwards.

Smart, I suppose that would work. I notice the 5- and 3-pen cases have flaps, and I might go that direction - I rarely would need six, and I have a very good 12 pen case if I want to go ballistic.

dowdyism
June 26th, 2014, 11:50 PM

Hey Jon,

It is actually designed to prevent just that. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. When rolled up none of the clips of caps touch, at least with the vast majority of pens I have tested.

dowdyism
June 26th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Thanks for all of the kind words gang! I'm happy to answer any question you have here, on Twitter, email, etc. Sorry I was a bit late getting over here!

TMac
June 28th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Placed my order for the three pen case yesterday morning and already have a note that it is in the mail. Can't wait!

migo984
June 28th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Placed my order for the three pen case yesterday morning and already have a note that it is in the mail. Can't wait!

Good choice. I'm very impressed with mine. I managed to spill a load of dark blue ink over the Blue Jay lining of Lookout and it just wiped off without leaving a mark. Great bit of kit.

Toffer
June 28th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Ordered a lookout yesterday (I think it was yesterday)! Been looking forward to getting one after hearing about Junee Lim's and looking at her great pictures on her blog and there after the pen addict podcast and Brad's blog.

earthdawn
June 28th, 2014, 08:04 PM
OHHHHhhhhhh yea...

Mine arrived today !!!

Stickers, 2 Hightower cases and some dot-dash cards

woot woot :crazy_pilot:

earthdawn
June 29th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Ok... here's a pic of my haul... The quality and attention to detail just does not disappoint.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/Nock1_zpsc41402d7.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/Nock1_zpsc41402d7.jpg.html)

Lady Onogaro
June 29th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Maybe mine will be here tomorrow! :)

Jon Szanto
June 29th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Boo, can't order: color I want is out of stock.

tenney
July 1st, 2014, 12:30 AM
I ordered mine on Kickstarter and just got them in early June! Evidently, just before the store opened online and everyone got theirs. Sheesh! Nice cases, but a gripe to have to wait and wait.

Mags
July 1st, 2014, 07:37 AM
Ok... here's a pic of my haul... The quality and attention to detail just does not disappoint.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/Nock1_zpsc41402d7.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/Nock1_zpsc41402d7.jpg.html)

I just ordered one because if you use one I must have one to try too. It will get packed when it arrives with my Midori like passport cover you made in the FPGeek auction I won.