PDA

View Full Version : Which is your most perfect combination of pen and ink?

writingrav
June 11th, 2012, 07:57 PM

etoyoc
June 11th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Lamy red safari with Noodler's Nikita red and 1.1 stub nib - but it is on vacation until August

Pinkys.Brain
June 11th, 2012, 08:32 PM
GEHA Schulfüller + Waterman Havana

KrazyIvan
June 11th, 2012, 08:37 PM
GEHA Schulfüller + Waterman Havana

I am going to have to keep that one in mind. :D

Lt. Tom
June 11th, 2012, 08:38 PM
While it's not my favorite pen, or my favorite ink, the combination of my green Kaweco Classic Sport medium nib, and J.Herbin Lierre Sauvage is like magic.

goldiesdad
June 11th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Right now ... my Noodler's Ahab and Noodler's Cayenne .... inking the night away ...

KrazyIvan
June 11th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Oops I forgot to put my combo down. Right now (because it changes too much) it is the Pilot 78G with B nib and Waterman Absolute Brown (Havana). A month ago it was the Lamy Vista (1.1 mm) with PR Ebony Green. I am starting to enjoy Waterman Mysterious Blue (Blue-Black) with the Rotring Rivette but I want to put it in my Kaweco Classic with 1.1 mm nib now. Ask me to pick one and I just say "Yes!" :crazy_pilot:

etoyoc
June 11th, 2012, 10:13 PM
While it's not my favorite pen, or my favorite ink, the combination of my green Kaweco Classic Sport medium nib, and J.Herbin Lierre Sauvage is like magic.

Hey... that is my summer pocket (when I don't have a coat, jacket, or even a shirt pocket) carry combo! I cast another vote for the green Kaweco Classic Sport with Lierre Sauvage. However, it works just as well with Gruene Cactus

ink mixer
June 12th, 2012, 05:47 AM
My top combo is my m600 white tortoise with Alt-gold-grun.

John the Monkey
June 12th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I am starting to enjoy Waterman Mysterious Blue (Blue-Black) with the Rotring Rivette but I want to put it in my Kaweco Classic with 1.1 mm nib now.

I really like that ink in my Ahab, personally.

tytoalba
June 12th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Diamine Saddle Brown in Lamy Safari Fine point.

dannzeman
June 12th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Levenger Plumpster with a Fine nib and filled with Noodler's Heart of Darkness. Together there's a feeling unmatched by anything I've ever used.

FLJeepGuy
June 12th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I have several pen and ink combinations that just seem to go together:

1966 Parker 75 Cisele, fine nib and Noodler's Lexington Gray
Lamy 2000, fine nib and Private Reserve Black Magic Blue
Visconti Art Nouveau, custom italic nib and Diamine Red Dragon
Cross Townsend, black lacquer and gold, medium nib and Private Reserve Midnight Blues
Namiki Vanishing Point, extra-fine nib and Private Reserve Burgundy Mist

Trillium
July 1st, 2012, 03:45 PM
Today?
Platinum 3776 Koi with music nib & Akkermans Trevese Turquoise...or
Parker Golden Pearl Vac ,F nib & Edelstein Turmaline
Stipula I Castini Agata 1.3mm stub & Iroshizuku Yama Budo
Conklin Crescent Filler '12 Twain Ed. & Stipula Calamo Blue
Waterman Thorobred SuperFlex & Iroshizuku Chiku-rin

melissa59
July 1st, 2012, 05:35 PM
I have been enjoying my Lamy Safari 1.5 nib with Noodler's Golden Brown. I bought a sample and like it so much that I may purchase a bottle.

fountainpenkid
July 1st, 2012, 07:39 PM
Parker Vacumatic Debuante with Kelly Green.

ianmedium
July 1st, 2012, 11:14 PM
I love the Diamine brown with the Stipula's italic nib. Likewise the Hitchcock with the ink made for it is perfection! For the 51 I like tradition so Aurora black but I have ordered a bottle of the new Mont Blanc diamond blue as I love that colour!

FP_GaF
July 2nd, 2012, 01:50 AM
Ooooo, a tough question. Right now I would say it is my Osmia-Faber Castell 884 with Diamine Emerald Green. The medium-point large semi-flex wet nib (in a nutshell, you know) produces devine shading with this easy-flow ink.

I still have to go a long way, though, before I complete the combinatoric exercise of testing each pen with each ink I own while this collection is increasing at the same time. And there is the paper question, too... :crazy_pilot:

John the Monkey
July 2nd, 2012, 02:37 AM
... Osmia-Faber Castell 884 with Diamine Emerald Green.

Emerald is a lovely ink - I've only ever used it in cartridges (those Diamine mixed packs) but keep meaning to pick up a bottle.

Bogon07
July 2nd, 2012, 03:50 AM
I have been enjoying my Lamy Safari 1.5 nib with Noodler's Golden Brown. I bought a sample and like it so much that I may purchase a bottle.
Melissa59, you just can't say Safari without the pen colour !

Orange Safari EF with Noodler's Habanero to write in a Rhodia notebook.

Gonzo
July 2nd, 2012, 05:48 AM
TWSBI Micarta with Carlo Collodi MB ink is a great match.

jor412
July 2nd, 2012, 06:14 AM
I notice my favorite inks perform well in most of my pens, with some only some variation in color and shading. And my "non-favorite" inks tend to be picky. I prefer darker, more saturated colors and my non-favorites need gushers to write dark.

Sheaffer Imperial VIII, F nib / Waterman Carene, M nib + J. Herbin Perle Noir
Esterbrook J, 9556 nib + Pilot Iroshizuko Yama-guri
Pelikan M400, F nib + J. Herbin Lie de The
Rotring 600 +Montblanc Midnight Blue
TWSBI 530, M nib + J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune
Kaweco Sport + Diamine Majestic Blue or Diamine Syrah

Non-favorite ink
Noodler's Konrad + J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir
Noodler's Ahab + J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage

tytoalba
July 2nd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Lamy Safari 2012 green with Diamine Meadow.
I wondered if I could like a green as a regular ink. Surprised me - but, I love it!

tiffanyhenschel
July 2nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
An Edison Nouveau Premiere in Cherry Cordial with a nib Brian made flexible, filled with Binder Burgandy. I put that combination together to write a Christmas card and haven't been able to change it yet. I've flushed the pen a couple of times and tried to use a different color, but I always switch back before writing half a page. I finally made it an eyedropper, and it is a permanent combination. It never fails to get a comment when I write to someone new.

geoduc
July 2nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
Nakaya Neo Standard, Mottishaw 0.7mm stub and Montblanc Racing Green.

Actually, that pen is great with just about any ink, but MBRG is particularly nice in it.

Cihan
July 3rd, 2012, 06:54 AM
Pelikan fountain pen (a blue one from late 60's my grandpa gave it to me ) and Pelikan royal blue 4001 :)