PDA

View Full Version : Washington DC Pen Show 2014

writingrav
June 30th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Anybody know how one obtains a trader pass and how much it costs? There doesn't appear to be any registration form on the web site.

earthdawn
June 30th, 2014, 09:16 PM
I think if you email them they can help

bjohnson@pencentral.com

Ian
July 14th, 2014, 07:52 AM
There is a registration form on the web site now, but they do not say who should be the payee on the check. I tried emailing and have not gotten a response. Do anyone who has already registered know?

writingrav
July 14th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Am I right that to attend on Sunday registration is not necessary? Just pay at the door?

Ian
July 14th, 2014, 09:18 AM
I received a response to my email shortly after I posted. Checks should be made out to "Bob Johnson". Writndrav, I'm pretty sure you pay at the door on Saturday and Sunday. The registration form is for Exhibitors and Weekend Traders. I didn't see a way to pre-register for Saturday or Sunday.

Joe Nemecek
July 14th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Yes, just pay at the door. Get there as early as possible if you go Sunday.

writingrav
July 14th, 2014, 10:10 AM
I plan to be there when the doors open.

HeresyHammer
July 14th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I just spoke to Mr. Johnson on the phone to clarify some information about registration. Unfortunately, I'm unable to be there on Saturday and Sunday because of previous obligations. I have a wedding to officiate on Saturday and three Masses on Sunday morning. My schedule fills up pretty quickly and in order to get "weekends" off, (what ever they are), I need at least six months to a year in advance, sometimes more. You wouldn't believe it, but brides are already calling the office for 2016 wedding dates. So, I'll be at the DC show on Thursday and Friday. Since it's my first pen show, I won't be overwhelmed and it will allow me to dip my toe into the water.

Although these aren't the high days, I'll take what I can get. Hopefully, there will be a nibmeister there those days to fix the blasted scratchiness in my Visconti Opera Elements. The tines are aligned but it appears under the loupe to have a slight "inverted grand canyon."

snedwos
July 14th, 2014, 01:02 PM
I will be going Saturday and Sunday as a general onlooker/leaky money bag only. Is there anything I need to do in advance?