PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Singapore!

six3oo
July 9th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Greetings to all,

Never thought that I'd be interested in fountain pens, but here I am. I've been quite nonchalant about what I wrote with in the past, but once you are in it you can't get out I guess.

Being a student places heavy constraints on my budget, so I use more affordable pens for work etc. However I hold a particularly strong liking for vintage pens and love to do DIY work, so I'd be doing (attempting) some scouting/hunting for vintage pens in shoddy condition from out-of-the-way places and doing my best to restore them to their former glory.

I regularly use a Pilot Metropolitan and some Platinum Preppys, and keep a Sheaffer Viewpoint and Cross Townsend inked. I do plan to acquire a few more in the near future though.

Look forward to reading and learning from the meisters here.

Anton

RuiFromUK
July 9th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Hi Anton :welcome:

Jeph
July 9th, 2014, 08:55 AM
:welcome:

writingrav
July 9th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

Cob
July 9th, 2014, 11:06 AM
You wrote: "but once you are in it you can't get out I guess."

Sums it up nicely!

Welcome Anton.

Cob

VertOlive
July 9th, 2014, 12:04 PM
"I do plan to acquire a few more in the near future though."--yep, right down the slippery slope! Welcome!

caribbean_skye
July 9th, 2014, 08:09 PM
welcome, welcome

cwent2
July 10th, 2014, 07:26 AM
:welcome:Admissions free you pay to get out, steady, steady - have your tickets ready, steady .... go

Scrawler
July 10th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Greetings Anton and welcome. Don't take any notice of the warnings. They are trying to frighten you off, so they can keep all the pens to themselves.

Frank
July 10th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Welcome Anton!

:welcome: