PDA

View Full Version : Nock Co PIF

migo984
July 12th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Last year I supported Nock Co as a Kickstarter project, and it is great to see that Brad (The Pen Addict) & Jeffrey have now opened their online shop. I'd like to share the delights of their products, so for my next PIF I'm offering a really useful Maryapple bi-fold notebook holder.

The Maryapple has 2 pockets to hold standard 3.5" x 5.5" notebooks, such as Field Notes. (I also slot in a small pen alongside the notebook in mine). The holder I am offering is in colourway Midnight/Foliage, which is a dark blue exterior with a grey interior. Note the 1st photo shows the removable paper wraparound.

Details of the holder can be found here: http://nockco.com/shop/two-memo-pad-bi-fold.

Pictures of the actual Maryapple are below (Field Notes book NOT included in this PIF).

How to Enter

As the point of PIFing is to spread goodwill and the love of pens and associated paraphernalia, to enter this PIF please post here and tell us how you will to pass on your own love of fountain pens to others.

To qualify, you should have contributed to FPG by making more than 10 posts in any thread other than the PIF sub-forum.

I will keep this PIF open until 7pm GMT on Saturday 19th July.

I will post the Maryapple worldwide at my own cost.

Good luck everyone.

Lady Onogaro
July 12th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Such a nice PIF! I have a couple of cases, so I won't enter, but thank you, Marie, for offering so many cool PIFs.

I recently gave my dad, who hasn't seen a FP in years, a laugh when I showed him my little Esterbrook and told him how popular they were among fountain pen people. He said he should have kept his--he never knew they would become so valued! Then we started talking fountain pens...

RayCornett
July 12th, 2014, 03:33 PM
I pass my love for FPs on to others by giving them one of my cheaper pens. I gave my sister one of my Baoers and she has fallen in love with it.

caribbean_skye
July 12th, 2014, 05:40 PM
i would like to be considered. thanks for offering this up. this would certainly keep my notebooks safe from being bent out of shape in my handbag

Jon Szanto
July 12th, 2014, 05:45 PM
I recently purchased the similar case that has one side for the notebook and three pen slots and a flap on the opposite. Same color combination. Not a complicated product, but the materials and workmanship are top rate, and it is *precisely* what I needed for daily carry. Good luck to the winner - I have mine, so I won't enter and mistakenly win! :)

migo984
July 15th, 2014, 12:58 AM
This little notebook case is feeling a bit unloved so I'm giving it a BUMP :bump2:

stonerman33
July 15th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Count me in as well. Thanks for the PIF!

kidde
July 15th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Very handy small cover, from an excellent maker! You may not think you need it, but when you get one you'll wonder how you did without for so long!

Paul

writingrav
July 15th, 2014, 07:59 AM
I believe I would love that in my back pocket. I am giving a one hour orientation on using and collecting fountain pens to a friend who won it at a charity auction

snedwos
July 15th, 2014, 11:53 AM
I got my little brother (aged nearly 10) a twsbi Mini two xmases ago, which he loves, and my mother started taking an old safari of mine to school, along with my bottle of Diamine Claret, for marking. The children are fascinated by the filling process. She then went and bought a little vintage "Medford" ringtop in Lapis celluloid. She got into vintage almost before I did!

This thing is nice. I really ought to find something to post here. Maybe all the ink I'll probably need to get rid of in the next month or so.

alc3261
July 15th, 2014, 02:09 PM
I got my Nock(s) just this week.

rgperedo
July 15th, 2014, 07:15 PM
What a great PIF.

I think the best way and really an accidental way I shared and will share fountain pens is bringing them to my study sessions. I'm a graduate student and I meet with my colleagues often to study and do research. I always carry at least three FP's with me at all times.

There's always someone who needs a pen and that's where my Pilot Metro comes in. I have definitely gotten at least 3 of my colleagues to buy a Metro themselves.

I also use my FP's for drawing. I carry a TWSBI mini with me and this is an immediate attraction to all my sketching buddies. A few have bought some cheap pens because of my mini (mostly varsity or preppies) and one of my fellow sketchers bought a mini as well.

I think just always carrying fountain pens and being near people who have a slight interest is the best way to share FP's with people.

Cheers and thanks for the opportunity!

countrydirt
July 15th, 2014, 07:38 PM
I am in. I use my fountain pens at school everyday, so my students get to see them and occasionally I let them use them.

Austin_Malone
July 17th, 2014, 07:47 AM
I would love to enter. Money is tight, and I've only been in the game for a year, but I spread the love of fountain pen use by buying the ten packs of Hero 616's and stubbing them using the Arkansas Stones so common in, you guessed it Arkansas. Anyone who acts genuinely interested in my writing utensils gets one. I currently bind all my own notebooks and would love a holder for my saddle stitch/staplebound pocketbooks. Thanks for your time, and have a great day. In the event I become the winner, expect a thank you note.

migo984
July 19th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Evening all,

Using random.org to select the winner I'm delighted to announce that rgperedo is the winner of my Maryapple Nock Co notebook holder. :clap2:
Congratulations! I'll be in contact via PM for your postal details. I hope you enjoy using it.

migo984

RuiFromUK
July 19th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Congratulations rgperedo.

Enjoy the PIF.

countrydirt
July 20th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Congratulations!

DMurphy
July 20th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Congratulations!!

rgperedo
July 20th, 2014, 11:19 PM
I am seriously in shock. Thank you so much!!!!!!!. I appreciate such a generous gesture, and I will definitely enjoy using it. I'll be carrying it with me daily!

Evening all,

Using random.org to select the winner I'm delighted to announce that rgperedo is the winner of my Maryapple Nock Co notebook holder. :clap2:
Congratulations! I'll be in contact via PM for your postal details. I hope you enjoy using it.

migo984

rgperedo
July 29th, 2014, 11:54 PM
I received the Nock Co. Maryapple today and I couldn't be happier. Actually it was my birthday yesterday so I am considering this a PIF/Birthday present from migo984!!! I already have it loaded up. Thank you once again for the great case/holder and for the lovely note. I wanted to upload some quick photos, but I will write you a proper thank you card, which will be in the mail soon.

cheers

http://s29.postimg.org/lj5yvthtz/IMG_5146.jpg

Evening all,

migo984