PDA

View Full Version : HP Office Paper

HeresyHammer
July 14th, 2014, 12:14 AM
The other day at the office, I felt like Christopher Columbus, Jonas Salk, and Alexander Fleming all rolled into one. A discovery of epic proportions! As all of you know there are at least two types of paper that drive fpgeeks up a wall. The first is that new heat paper for receipts that need to be signed when paying with a credit card. Sometimes that paper is so coated that a fountain pen refuses to begin the capillary action. If your fountain pen does write, it stays wet for hours as you hand it to the clerk saying, "be careful it's wet."

The other paper that causes fpgeeks to cringe is copy paper. This abundant and cheap paper is to fountain pens what Kryptonite is to Super Man. It makes our writing look sloppy, it feathers like mad, and at times, it has the ability to make even the finest and driest nibs bleed through the page. Every time I have to write on office paper, I roll my eyes and say with a sarcastic smile, "this ought to be fun."

Nevertheless, I wrote on a copy paper taken from my secretary's printer last week and it performed like a champ. I asked her what it was and she said it was HP Office Paper which she had just started ordering. Of course, this necessitated a test...

The first image shows normal writing with various pens and inks. The second picture is the back of the first page. Notice that the show through is almost nonexistent.

This second set of pictures shows some semi-flex writing in order to put the paper to the test. The writing stayed wet for quite some time, leading me to believe that this paper is not very absorbent. (Most office paper sucks the ink right out of the pen and it drys instantly.) If there's anything that makes ink bleed and feather, it's flex writing on copy paper. Even the flex writing proved outstanding in my opinion. The ink did not feather and there is no bleed through. However, the show though is a little more pronounced with the flex writing sample.

All in all, I highly recommend that you check out this paper. It comes in 500 sheets for about 8-12 dollars. It's abundant, cheap, and perfect for writing quick notes or practicing calligraphy. Needless to say, I told my secretary to keep ordering this paper for the office.

whych
July 14th, 2014, 03:38 PM
In UK HP do an Everyday paper. The old ream I bought a year ago was great, but then the latest offering is rubbish.
Moral is: if it is cheap and works, buy a couple of reams.

Lady Onogaro
July 14th, 2014, 04:35 PM
I think the Goulets said they use HP 24# for everyday writing. It's nearly as good as HP 32#

KrazyIvan
July 16th, 2014, 08:54 PM
I think the Goulets said they use HP 24# for everyday writing. It's nearly as good as HP 32#

It is. I make some notebooks for my Brain Pocket notebook (A Midori Clone) out of the paper. Good for testing pens and ink for reviews. Actually, any good laser paper will work. The stuff Wal-Mart sells works just as good. Some "resume" paper also works.

Austin_Malone
July 17th, 2014, 08:18 PM
I bought the 32 pound HP paper for laser printers per Brian Goulet's recommendation and it does pretty well but not with flex or even semi-flex

jacksterp
July 21st, 2014, 06:02 AM
It would be nice to know which specific HP paper this was.

I have had very good experiences with the HPJ 1124 (24#) paper.

HeresyHammer
July 21st, 2014, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately my secretary is on vacation this week. I'll ask her what specific paper this is when she returns. The ream I have in my office has the bottom part of the cover ripped off with the barcode and such missing. The top portion of the sleeve is still intact to keep the papers together. The only information on the top of the ream is HP Office Paper | ColorLok Technology | 8.5 X 11" | 20lb 75g/m2 | 92 brightness. Maybe that can help to narrow down the various HP paper products out there. There's no other pertinent information available that I can see.

mrcharlie
July 21st, 2014, 03:11 PM
20 lb "HP Office Paper" is actually enough. For 1 ream US Letter sized, it is Model HPC8511.

jks2014
December 15th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Thanks for sharing,I shall look for it

Armstrong
July 29th, 2015, 12:16 AM
I have been using HP Laser Jet paper heavily for a long ongoing study I am doing. Specifically, HPJ1124, which is 24#, comes in 500 sheet reams, and is 98% white. All the writing is with TWSBI 580 and Vac 700 pens with medium and 1.1mm stub and Pilot Plumix 1.1mm stubs. The ink is various hues of the Noodler's bullet proof line. Colors vary from black, green, purple and blue. I have been completely satisfied with this paper writing on both sides. It doesn't seem to take very long to dry. I'm pretty sure it is acid free so its good for long life. Overall, a good daily use paper at a decent price that performs very well with fountain pens.

Dragonmaster Lou
July 29th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I've been using some Georgia Pacific 24lb paper I got a huge box (something like $28 for 5 reams of the stuff) of at a warehouse store long before I got into fountain pens. That paper also works quite well, at least with the limited stuff I've thrown at it.

xewepi714
June 15th, 2023, 07:52 AM
As we enter a world driven by technology, it's no secret that internet connectivity plays a crucial role in our daily lives. Whether it's for work or leisure, having a strong and reliable internet connection is more important than ever before. reference (https://wifirouterhub.com/best-wifi-router-for-4000-sq-ft-house/)