PDA

View Full Version : NEW Set Sailor Kingdom Note Inks

VertOlive
July 14th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Documenting my fascination with these inks, here. Five new colors from the Kingdom note series, 2 birds, 2 bugs, and a mushroom! On Rhodia white notebook paper:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0063.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0063.jpg.html)

I have two bottles to share here as well:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0066.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0066.jpg.html)

HeresyHammer
July 14th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Beautiful colors VertOlive! It looks like the shading in that "Tanna Japonensis" has great potential. I currently have a thing for green inks this summer. I wonder what that would look like in a flex nib or a broad italic. ::wink, wink:: ::hint, hint:: :)

VertOlive
July 14th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Beautiful colors VertOlive! It looks like the shading in that "Tanna Japonensis" has great potential. I currently have a thing for green inks this summer. I wonder what that would look like in a flex nib or a broad italic. ::wink, wink:: ::hint, hint:: :)

It is one of my two favorites. Very like Rohrer & Klingner's "Alt goldgrun". Waiting for a vacancy in a stub nib to try it out.....

Pennanngalan
July 14th, 2014, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=VertOlive;87311It is one of my two favorites. Very like Rohrer & Klingner's "Alt goldgrun". Waiting for a vacancy in a stub nib to try it out.....[/QUOTE]

Be sure to post a pic when a stub comes open, The Evening Cicada is quite attractive.

Sailor Kenshin
July 14th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Uhhh ohhhhh..... I sense a bottle in my future.....

migo984
July 14th, 2014, 03:51 PM
I think I've led you astray, VertOlive :-)

mtnbiker62
July 14th, 2014, 04:06 PM
I have a bottle of Tanna Japonensis coming my way, along with a bottle of Nagasawa Kobe #34...its a green summer for me, too!

HeresyHammer
July 14th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Just out of curiosity, where would one secure these inks? I'm having a hard time finding them in the interwebs.

mtnbiker62
July 14th, 2014, 07:58 PM
I get them through a seller on eBay. His store is cool-japan, and his name is Atsu. He doesn't list everything in his eBay store, so just send him a message via eBay, and let him know what you want. Just be prepared for the sticker shock of the Kingdom Note inks!

HeresyHammer
July 14th, 2014, 08:31 PM
I get them through a seller on eBay. His store is cool-japan, and his name is Atsu. He doesn't list everything in his eBay store, so just send him a message via eBay, and let him know what you want. Just be prepared for the sticker shock of the Kingdom Note inks!

I can only imagine. Before your response, I was thinking in my mind: Hard to find, not found through Google, Imported directly from Japan... this is going to expensive. Oh well, you can't take it with you. :) Thanks for the lead mtnbiker62.

VertOlive
July 14th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Indeed, mtnbiker is hot on the trail. I received 3 of these samples from our own big hearted migo, the two bottles came from Atsu. I found I couldn't buy them directly from Kingdom Note (as stated on their website). About $40 per bottle. So far, I haven't felt the colors on the KN site are as true as these I've posted.

Chrissy
July 20th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I rather like the look of #8 Tanna japonensis. I'm going to try and get a sample of this to write with before I leap in with $40

VertOlive
July 20th, 2014, 08:44 PM
I rather like the look of #8 Tanna japonensis. I'm going to try and get a sample of this to write with before I leap in with $40

If it helps, the more readily available Rohrer & Klingner's "Alt Goldgrun" is a similar gorgeous green.

mtnbiker62
July 20th, 2014, 09:16 PM
My bottles should be delivered tomorrow, so I plan to do a side-by-side comparison of all three inks: Tanna Japonensis, Nagasawa Kobe #34 and Alt-Goldgrun. If I can take a decent picture, I'll post it here.