PDA

View Full Version : Refillabook

Lady Onogaro
July 14th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Has anyone tried the paper from these yet? I wrote them and tried to see if they would send me some paper samples or at least tell me whether the paper was fountain pen friendly, but I have received no replies.

Plume145
July 20th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Okay, the whole website setup, logo, fonts, colors, etc rang some distant bells, so I did a little low-grade internet sleuthing (mainly of the link-clicking variety). It turns out that these are made by JournalBooks (Refillabooks = journalbooks, just the retail version of it), which is a subsidiary or a brand of Polyconcept North America. 'Sister' brands or co-subsidiaries or whatever they call these things now, include Leed's, Bullet, and Trimark Sportswear. These guys make everything from 'executive gifts' type stuff to hoodies and stress reliever balls to the journals you saw, and basically what these all have in common is that they are customizable with the client's logo - aka, promotional material.

IME, promotional material is rarely on par in quality with regular stuff, even non-branded. There are a few exceptions - canvas totes, many of the things you get from zazzle or cafepress - but paper goods have not been among those (so far, and again only my experience FWIW, etc etc).

Conclusion: to get a sample, you're likely to have better luck contacting the polyconcept people directly - better yet, as a potential corporate client. But even with all that, don't get your hopes up too much about the paper being nice - OR consistent (crucial that).

Still, good luck! I for one can definitely see why you were interested in these, the journals look great and the range of formats to the refills is also intriguing.

Lady Onogaro
July 20th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Thank you for looking into these! I did like the looks of them but didn't want to waste money on paper that would not be fountain pen friendly anyway. :)

Plume145
July 23rd, 2014, 06:10 AM
no probs :) Did you try the main company after all?