PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Visconti Calligraphy set $65 shipped

lisantica
July 15th, 2014, 06:45 AM
I'm selling a gently used set. No box, but it has the booklet, two nib units (one is in the pen) and some blotting paper.
Very nice condition.
Asking $65 shipped to US. Paypal please.

tarheel1
July 15th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Thought these came with 3 nibs? One flex, one italic, and one medium.

lisantica
July 15th, 2014, 09:36 AM
tarheel1 you might be right, I bought this set used and it only had two nibs with it.

heymatthew
July 15th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Buy from Lisa with confidence guys! I've had several dealings with her and she's top-notch!

Also, in regards to the question above, this was taken from a product page:

"The Visconti Rembrandt Calligraphy Set is great for both experienced and novice writers. Visconti's popular Rembrandt fountain pen is presented with all the necessities for immediate enjoyment of the written word! The rounded, resin barrels are accented in palladium-plated trim in your choice of spectacular colors. The Rembrandt boasts the Visconti arc clip that has been restyled with a new spring mechanism that is virtually indestructible. Each Rembrandt fountain pen design features a cap and barrel that snap together with a unique magnetic lock that is easy and efficient. The decorative metal band is finely engraved with ornamental motifs used by the artist. The Rembrandt calligraphy set includes two German-made palladium plated nib sections with an italic 0.5mm and italic 1.5mm, a bottle of Visconti black ink, two upright pen holders, a Visconti calligraphy booklet, three converters and 10 blotter sheets. Presented in an oversized gift box, this set is sure to be cherished for years to come. The Visconti Rembrandt calligraphy set is available in your choice of a variety of colors. The Visconti Rembrandt Calligraphy Set Features Spectacular gift for novice and experienced writers Rounded resin barrels framed with palladium-plated accents Restyled Visconti arc clip with spring mechanism Cap snaps together with barrel with a unique magnetic lock Presented in an oversized gift box."

So, only 2 nib units.

tarheel1
July 15th, 2014, 10:13 AM
guess there are some that have 2 italics and some that have 1 italic, one flex, and one medium nib. Lisa thanks for clarifying that you got these used.
The Visconti Rembrandt calligraphy set is like getting three fountain pens in one. The Rembrandt is made from variegated resin and each pen is made unique through subtle marbling of color, a replication of Rembrandt’s painting technique ‘Chiaroscuro’. It’s available in a choice of four colors: black, blue, ivory and red. Each set includes 3 German-made palladium plated nib sections: an extra-fine, highly elastic nib for English Script, a firm, squared 1.5 mm stub nib for Italic or Gothic Script, and a medium-fine nib for contemporary writing. Also included is a bottle of Visconti black ink, 2 magnetic pen holders to keep your nibs wet in-between writing, the Visconti calligraphy booklet, Visconti blotting paper, and 3 converters.
http://fpgeeks.com/2012/02/the-visconti-rembrandt-calligraphy-set-one-heck-of-a-deal/

Its a good deal anyhow. Do you know which nibs you have ?

Wile E Coyote
July 15th, 2014, 10:16 AM

There seems to be two versions of the calligraphy set, though I've only seen the two pen set for sale. One had three nibs; XF Flex, 1.5mm Stub and a Medium. The other had two italic nibs; 0.5mm Stub and 1.5mm Stub.

Regardless, lisantica is offering the two pen set for a helluva price considering the MSRP of the two pen set is $295 and street prices around $155.

tarheel1
July 15th, 2014, 10:35 AM

There seems to be two versions of the calligraphy set, though I've only seen the two pen set for sale. One had three nibs; XF Flex, 1.5mm Stub and a Medium. The other had two italic nibs; 0.5mm Stub and 1.5mm Stub.

Regardless, lisantica is offering the two pen set for a helluva price considering the MSRP of the two pen set is $295 and street prices around $155.

Yep said it was a good deal. I am trying to find the set with the flex nib and that is why I am asking the questions.

lisantica
July 15th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Thanks all for the vote of confidence.
Satisfaction guaranteed or return for a full refund. This might be the 1.5 and XF. I know one is stubby and writes nice and flexy.

Silverbreeze
July 15th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Thanks all for the vote of confidence.
Satisfaction guaranteed or return for a full refund. This might be the 1.5 and XF. I know one is stubby and writes nice and flexy.

It looks like the one I got from GoldSpot
2 nibs

0.5 and a 1.5

My guess that's exactly what Lisa is selling as it appears to be much more common in the USA for some reason

Al_S
July 15th, 2014, 12:30 PM
pm sent