PDA

View Full Version : fp ink roller balls?

tarheel1
July 15th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Today i was showing my wife my new pen and she commented that it is nicer than any pen she has ever owned. She has on many occasions stated how she dislikes my fountain pens and would not like one. She is a lefty and overwrites so it is understandable. This brought me to my search for a list of all the roller balls that accept fou pen ink. If anyone can help with the makes and models of as many of these as we can figure out.

HeresyHammer
July 15th, 2014, 11:23 PM
I'm not a roller ball user but I understand your wife's plight. I too am a south paw but was broken of the habit of overwriting early in grammar school. I thank God for the good Sisters of Saint Francis who taught me how to be a left handed underwriter. What followed has been years of fountain pen paradise. Uhh, I still remember hours of practicing the Palmer method and those blasted strokes over and over and over again.

What about a dry fountain pen with fast drying ink and a more absorbent paper? I commented on a post about "paper blanks" notebooks that seemed to dry the ink from pen instantly. If not, I'm sure there are great rollerball pens on the market, I just don't own any.

whych
July 16th, 2014, 01:59 AM
Off the top of my head, Kaweco Sport do one as well as the German firm Online.

RuiFromUK
July 16th, 2014, 02:25 AM
Herbin also makes one:

http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/?i=2cae

Bdez
July 16th, 2014, 04:44 AM
In addition to the above you've got

Visconti Eco roller in a range of colors and designs. Really nice magnetic cap system on the Rembrandt. Cartridges or bottle.

Also, Monteverde tool.

I have both and they work well. But, on both, you'll need to experiment with inks as some tend to clog the mechanism and its either unusable or the tip skips badly.

Enjoy.

Kaputnik
July 16th, 2014, 03:41 PM
I've got a Monteverde One Touch Engage (http://www.jetpens.com/Monteverde-Engage-One-Touch-Retractable-Ink-Ball-Pen-Black-Trim/pd/9553), and would give two cheers for it. It wrote nicely with the Monteverde bottled ink and some Waterman ink, but neither of those was water resistant. It had a tendency to clog when I tried it with a couple of water resistant inks. And it's expensive. Very nice pen with the right ink, though.

tarheel1
July 16th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I'm not a roller ball user but I understand your wife's plight. I too am a south paw but was broken of the habit of overwriting early in grammar school. I thank God for the good Sisters of Saint Francis who taught me how to be a left handed underwriter. What followed has been years of fountain pen paradise. Uhh, I still remember hours of practicing the Palmer method and those blasted strokes over and over and over again.

What about a dry fountain pen with fast drying ink and a more absorbent paper? I commented on a post about "paper blanks" notebooks that seemed to dry the ink from pen instantly. If not, I'm sure there are great rollerball pens on the market, I just don't own any.

She doesnt want a fountain pen and I am not going to fight and push the subject more.

Newjelan
July 18th, 2014, 02:02 AM
I'm a big fan of the Kaweco rollerball, it's smooth and reliable. I have used it with a variety of cartridges (Kaweco, Private Reserve, Diamine, J. Herbin) as well as bottled ink. No issues with any.