PDA

View Full Version : Reform 1745 and "Thanks"!

kidde
July 17th, 2014, 10:38 PM
I've not been a "GEEK" long, but I was immediately shown the heart of the board.
Until recently the Reform 1745 was my favorite pen, due mostly to its soft nib that gives just a little when writing. The small variation it gives adds interesting lines in your writing. Not flexible, just soft. My new favorite is a Pelikan 120, its nib is springy.
If you are interested in this pen post on this thread. My requirements are two: you must use writing devices (sharp sticks, chalk and crayon all count) and you must also be a fpGeek. I'm sorry for those barred entry here, but rules are rules.
The Pen:
Reform 1745 NOS - the box says Germany but I have heard maybe not.
F-M nib - not marked. In my experience they run to the small side of M
Piston filler
Screw on cap
Green body, Black cap and piston knob with gold tone clip and ring
I will flush and lube the pen(s). If the winner wants I will ink and verify operation,
and align and smooth the nib.

IMHO these are the best cheap pen out there! Easy filling and easy to maintain.
All entrants must reside on or near Earth and I will not cover inter dimensional shipping (too many snakes in the worm holes)!
I really appreciate the welcome I received here. I promise the winner(s) will receive a nice writing instrument.
Drawing will be held in two weeks, winners notified via PM and this thread.

Paul

Brisboy
July 17th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Not an entry. Just wanted to say that I love my 1745! People should get onto this pif. Great idea.

cbrand493
July 18th, 2014, 03:12 AM
Great PIF! Great pen! Would love to be considered! Thanks :)

EDIT: I'm in Australia. Very similar to Mars, but a lot closer to home.

Chrissy
July 18th, 2014, 04:51 AM
I have a friend (a geek on here even) who has recommended I should look out for a Reform 1745, and definitely give one a try, so I would love to be considered for this PIF.

I'm a Geek and I use writing instruments. In addition, I'm a ceramic restorer and I also use sharp sticks and chalk (in it's powdered form of course). :pound:

I live in the UK, but am visiting Florida in a few weeks time, so shipping could be either UK or US depending on your preference. :)

Sadiq
July 18th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Awesome PIF! I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. Please consider me.

I have a total of 3 FPs so far & just love putting ink to paper...

I've only read good things about the Reform 1745.

Thank you
Sadiq

bc.hiker
July 18th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Super awesome PIF!! Not an entry, just a big round of applause for offering such a great chance for somebody to have a Reform 1745.

Good luck to all who entered!!

Kathy

rdcalhoon
July 18th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I hadn't noticed these pens before and it seems just the sort of pen I am looking for these days. I am known as the one who always has a pen in pocket. Recently I've been having more fun with pens, and I'd like to give this one a try. Thanks for the chance.

Austin_Malone
July 18th, 2014, 09:48 PM
I'd love to enter

Bold2013
July 19th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Please enter me as well.

chatminouche
July 22nd, 2014, 12:10 PM
I would love to enter this PIF! I too am a new geek have enjoyed my reception here at FPGeeks... I admire your reasons for this PIF and hope to PIF in the future myself! :)

I am in Canada, so shipping may cost as much as interstellar travel since our postage jumped by nearly 50 cents... however, I do use writing implements including the futuristic stylus on my tablet... I couldn't fathom the idea of going purely digital and wanted to retain the "feel" of writing... no matter the medium, a writing implement is in my hand... :)

jadehawk
July 22nd, 2014, 12:42 PM
Please consider me for this pif as well, I'm new to FP and currently trying to fix my penmanship. I'm on planet earth based In Miami.. Thank you for the opportunity.

ihaveafountainpen
July 23rd, 2014, 06:02 PM
Awesome pen, I'd love to be considered!

ModelAirplanes
July 24th, 2014, 10:55 PM
I'd love to be considered

Thanks

ashley
July 25th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Please enter me in this PIF. I am a total FPGeek! I have committed to using FP's whenever possible in my daily life.
-a

kidde
August 1st, 2014, 10:19 PM
Well it is time. jadehawk and Chrissy you will soon have PMs. I really appreciate the interest and enjoy sharing with others my obsession, I mean hobby. For those not chosen I hope you win another PIF soon!

Paul

Sadiq
August 1st, 2014, 10:43 PM
Congratulations jadehawk and Chrissy!! 😊 I hope you enjoy writing with your new Reform 1745 fountain pens.

jadehawk
August 2nd, 2014, 04:14 AM
@Kidde

Thank you very much.. I look forward to trying out the Reform 1745, looking up on the history of the pen makes me even more enthusiastic to write with it. I'll promise that this pen will always be part of my collection as small as my collection is since it is a pif those type of item hold more personal value (at least from my point of view). Will post back with my thoughts and maybe even a writing sample with my chicken scratch penmanship. PM sent with info requested.. :)

Thank you once more..

Paul M.

P.S
@Sadiq
Thank you for the congrats!! ;)

Chrissy
August 2nd, 2014, 10:15 AM
Well it is time. jadehawk and Chrissy you will soon have PMs. I really appreciate the interest and enjoy sharing with others my obsession, I mean hobby. For those not chosen I hope you win another PIF soon!

Paul

Dear Paul, Thank you so much. I feel so lucky to win this. Thank you for PIFing it. P.M. sent with details.

Thanks Sadiq for your congratulations

jadehawk
August 15th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Got the Pen!!..

kidde
August 17th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Your penmanship is fine and you are welcome! Glad it has made it safely. Nice choice of ink, first time I've seen something actually written in it. I hope your little German friend serves you well and feeds your hunger for pens and writing.

Paul