PDA

View Full Version : J.Herbin Rouge Hermatite Anniversary Ink

writingrav
June 17th, 2012, 02:24 AM
I just bought a bottle and after reading all the warnings I'm afraid to use it for one of my fountain pens. How long can you leave it in the pen without a problem? Should I just use it for dip pens?

writingrav
June 18th, 2012, 03:35 PM
You mean to say no one has any experience with this ink?

KrazyIvan
June 18th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I have a sample on the way but never tried it myself.

writingrav
June 18th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Ok, thanks. The silence was deafening :) I'm just going to bite the bullet tomorrow and ink something up. I'll report if there are any problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JustDaveyB
June 18th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I have it and treat it the same as my other highly saturated red and orange and purple inks in that I don't use them in my expensive Pelikan plunger pens. Saying that I have had no trouble with it staining any of my convertors but I do change inks out of pens after 2 weeks of use.

KrazyIvan
June 18th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I think if you just treat it like you would BSB, you will be okay.

writingrav
June 18th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I have it and treat it the same as my other highly saturated red and orange and purple inks in that I don't use them in my expensive Pelikan plunger pens. Saying that I have had no trouble with it staining any of my convertors but I do change inks out of pens after 2 weeks of use.

Ok. That really helos

writingrav
June 18th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Ok. That really helos

I meant to say. That really helps. Thanks

geoduc
June 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I have a bottle and haven't experienced any problems. Like JDB says, just treat it like any other high maintenance ink and you should be fine. I use mine exclusively in c/c pens to ensure that I can clean thoroughly after use.

writingrav
June 19th, 2012, 04:15 AM
I have a bottle and haven't experienced any problems. Like JDB says, just treat it like any other high maintenance ink and you should be fine. I use mine exclusively in c/c pens to ensure that I can clean thoroughly after use.

Thanks.

manoeuver
June 21st, 2012, 06:33 PM
treat it like you would plutonium, heroin or sriracha.

ink mixer
June 21st, 2012, 07:49 PM
Is this ink different from 1670? I just ran fill of 1670 through my Custom 74 and it wasn't too bad despite the warnings. It was only in for a week, and I cleaned afterwards with JB's pen flush. My CON70 does have a slight red tinge but I'm not concerned. I did get the infamous nib creep, which was annoying, but not a deal breaker.

snedwos
June 22nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
It is the 1670.

KrazyIvan
June 22nd, 2012, 01:38 PM
Sriracha ink!:applause: Now there is an idea!

I received my 1670 ink sample but I have to clean out some pens before I try it. I will not be using it in my Custom 742, that's for sure. I am thinking maybe one of my ED pens.

mhphoto
September 12th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Just to be safe I only use 1670 in pens I can completely disassemble easily (Noodler's, Serwex, Preppies, etc.). Rouge Hematite is one of my all time favorite flex pen inks. :)

KrazyIvan
September 19th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Hello Mr. welltargetedbutslightlyoff spam.