PDA

View Full Version : ink samples. what are you looking for.

tarheel1
July 19th, 2014, 02:41 AM
So here we go. Post what ink sames you are looking for here and if someone can help please post that.

johnus
July 19th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Great going! Glad to see it happened!!

migo984
July 19th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Well done tarheel1, for getting this thread started.

Right, I'll go first. I'd really like to try Montblanc Toffee Brown so if someone has a sample they could send me I'd be very grateful. I'm in the UK.
Thanks in anticipation.

RuiFromUK
July 19th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Hi Migo,

No problem I'll post you a sample of the Montblanc Toffee Brown.

I use that ink instead of black for my copperplate calligraphy.

Regards,

Rui

migo984
July 19th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Thanks Rui that's really kind of you. I think you already have my address but it can wait till the next London Geeks meet up if that's easier.

regards

Marie

RuiFromUK
July 19th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Hi Marie,

You are most welcome.

Ink sample labelled, packed and ready to be posted on Monday. Yes, I do have your address for me to post holiday postcards.

Kind regards,

Rui

tarheel1
July 21st, 2014, 01:25 AM
I would love to get a sample of Diamine China Blue.

RuiFromUK
July 21st, 2014, 04:14 AM
Hi Marie,

You are most welcome.

Ink sample labelled, packed and ready to be posted on Monday. Yes, I do have your address for me to post holiday postcards.

Kind regards,

Rui

OOps. Little problem.

As I walked to the post office I noticed there was a tiny bit of ink in one corner of the envelope and as squeezed the envelope around that spot a little bit more ink came out. I suspect the ink sample container has given up the ghost.

Would you mind if I bring the ink sample with me to the next Geek's London meeting?

Kind regards,

Rui

snedwos
July 21st, 2014, 04:56 AM
I'd like to try Edelstein garnet and montblanc Leonardo red chalk.

migo984
July 21st, 2014, 06:13 AM
OOps. Little problem.

As I walked to the post office I noticed there was a tiny bit of ink in one corner of the envelope and as squeezed the envelope around that spot a little bit more ink came out. I suspect the ink sample container has given up the ghost.

Would you mind if I bring the ink sample with me to the next Geek's London meeting?

Kind regards,

Rui

Hey that's perfectly fine Rui. I think I suggested that anyway. Last thing we want is a messy inky envelope arriving in the post. I have a few other samples I've got to try yet, including those you kindly gave me at the last Geeks meeting. :)
Marie

RuiFromUK
July 21st, 2014, 06:30 AM
OOps. Little problem.

Kind regards,

Rui

Hey that's perfectly fine Rui. I think I suggested that anyway. Last thing we want is a messy inky envelope arriving in the post. I have a few other samples I've got to try yet, including those you kindly gave me at the last Geeks meeting. :)
Marie

Thank you very much. I was having visions of another inky envelope in the post.

If you get desperate I do work near Liverpool Street Station in London and I could always bring an ink sample to the office and meet you somewhere.

TerraNoir
July 21st, 2014, 08:08 PM
I would love to try just about any Akkerman ink. I have heard nothing but legendary reviews of this ink. Never had a try.

caribbean_skye
July 22nd, 2014, 05:56 AM
I would love to try just about any Akkerman ink. I have heard nothing but legendary reviews of this ink. Never had a try.

Later on this week I will send you samples of Voorhoot Violet and Treves Turquoise

Chrissy
July 24th, 2014, 08:22 AM
I would love to try a sample of Sailor Kingdom Note #8 Tanna Japonensis.

I live in the UK, but could potentially have a sample shipped within the US during August or the first half of September

It looks like my type of green but I'm not sure how similar it is to Sailor Kobe #34 Sourakuen Tea Green (I have a tiny sample of that)

I want to make sure that I buy my favourite one out of both of these two.

migo984
July 24th, 2014, 11:04 AM

Chrissy, I can send you a sample of the Kingdom Note Tanna Japonensis. Do you want it before you go on holiday?

Chrissy
July 24th, 2014, 03:14 PM

Chrissy, I can send you a sample of the Kingdom Note Tanna Japonensis. Do you want it before you go on holiday?

Oooh thank you migo. Yes please :hug: When I'm on holiday I'm going to buy some Nalgene bottles to put my ink samples in.:)

p.s. your envelope made it through Royal Mail today. Wait until you see what I did LOL

migo984
July 24th, 2014, 04:00 PM

Oooh thank you migo. Yes please :hug: When I'm on holiday I'm going to buy some Nalgene bottles to put my ink samples in.:)

p.s. your envelope made it through Royal Mail today. Wait until you see what I did LOL

I'll send some T. japonensis off to you asap Chris. I'm pleasantly surprised that envelope made it to you safely. Hope you managed to fight your way through all the sticky tape :)

tarheel1
July 24th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Bump on the diamine China blue

Chrissy
July 25th, 2014, 04:23 AM
I'll send some T. japonensis off to you asap Chris. I'm pleasantly surprised that envelope made it to you safely. Hope you managed to fight your way through all the sticky tape :)

Thank you so much.

Yes I did, and I removed the tape very carefully indeed. There's a clue....

RuiFromUK
July 25th, 2014, 06:52 AM
When I'm on holiday I'm going to buy some Nalgene bottles to put my ink samples in.:)

Hi Chrissy,

Because I did not know what Nalgene bottles were I just did a quick search for its meaning and they seem to be too big for the purpose of keeping ink samples.

From eBay I buy 5ml sample plastic vials which are more than adequate for this purpose but smaller ones are also available.

Kind regards,

Rui

Chrissy
July 25th, 2014, 03:54 PM
When I'm on holiday I'm going to buy some Nalgene bottles to put my ink samples in.:)

Hi Chrissy,

Because I did not know what Nalgene bottles were I just did a quick search for its meaning and they seem to be too big for the purpose of keeping ink samples.

From eBay I buy 5ml sample plastic vials which are more than adequate for this purpose but smaller ones are also available.

Kind regards,

Rui

You are correct in that Nalgene no longer make the half ounce bottles, and the ounce bottles are way too big, but there are still sources that sell half ounce ones. I want to be able to put enough ink into one to use while I'm in the US, so that's a good size if you can get them. I already have all of my Diamine WES Imperial Blue in a half ounce Nalgene bottle. I'm planning on buying a pack of a dozen.....

inkyletters
January 22nd, 2015, 02:42 PM
Did we quit this part? Because it sounds fun!