PDA

View Full Version : For the lower than whale snot sig spammers

jar
July 19th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Is there a way to disable posting links in sigs for a specified period?

dannzeman
July 19th, 2014, 09:40 AM
On the admin side, yes, but it would apply to everyone.

Edit: Actually, I may be able to make it apply only to new members. I'll have to look into it.

Scrawler
July 20th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Angler Fish Turds? Oh wait, this is not a quiz, is it?

Wile E Coyote
July 21st, 2014, 08:41 AM
Angle Fish Turds? Oh wait, this is not a quiz, is it?

Are you speaking of obtuse, acute or right angle fish turds? Your grade depends on the type of angle fish.

Scrawler
July 21st, 2014, 09:29 AM

Are you speaking of obtuse, acute or right angle fish turds? Your grade depends on the type of angle fish.

Did you by any chance think that I misspelled "Angel Fish" as opposed to Angler Fish?

Wile E Coyote
July 21st, 2014, 09:53 AM

Did you by any chance think that I misspelled "Angel Fish" as opposed to Angler Fish?

I never heard of an obtuse, acute or right angel fish.

Like I tried telling my mom right before she smacked me...it's better than being a dumb ass.

Scrawler
July 21st, 2014, 10:14 AM

Like I tried telling my mom right before she smacked me...it's better than being a dumb ass.
She should have whacked you a bit harder. You could reasonably deduce that I was referring to bottom feeders and not pretty aquarium fish!

http://blog.nus.edu.sg/lsm1303student2010/2010/04/08/when-the-angler-gets-a-bright-idea-the-deep-sea-anglerfish/

Wile E Coyote
July 21st, 2014, 10:56 AM

She should have whacked you a bit harder. You could reasonably deduce that I was referring to bottom feeders and not pretty aquarium fish!

http://blog.nus.edu.sg/lsm1303student2010/2010/04/08/when-the-angler-gets-a-bright-idea-the-deep-sea-anglerfish/

That looks more like a devil fish. It is a bit angular though.

Cob
July 21st, 2014, 11:01 AM
Just poking my nose in: what's a "sig?"

Rgds
Cob

Scrawler
July 21st, 2014, 11:07 AM

Rgds
Cob

The "signature" field at the bottom of a message. Like Jar has , and I don't.

Cob
July 21st, 2014, 01:21 PM

Rgds
Cob

So what actually happens with these? I was thinking of adding something myself

Scrawler
July 21st, 2014, 04:54 PM

Rgds
Cob

Put anything you like in: Statements of religious belief is popular, as are links to web sites you may think important. I have not tried on this forum, but you can probably put little pictures with links to your other hobbies. Advertise yourself to the ladies. You know, just about anything that does not offend Jar, like spammy advertising.

Cob
July 21st, 2014, 05:14 PM

Rgds
Cob

Put anything you like in: Statements of religious belief is popular, as are links to web sites you may think important. I have not tried on this forum, but you can probably put little pictures with links to your other hobbies. Advertise yourself to the ladies. You know, just about anything that does not offend Jar, like spammy advertising.

Thanks but I knew this, I probably phrased it badly, but I meant what was the fuss about spam etc?

Thanks

Cob

Polyhistor
July 30th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Whale snot, according to Viking lore, isn't that bad when seasoned with some half-decomposed fish waste. Read all about it in the Saga of Snorri the Fish-Stroker (which is more of a 13th century collection of Icelandic laxatives, if one is inclined to believe the experts ...).

Joking aside, I would also like to know what's the problem. And yes, that's a signature below this post. ;)

jar
July 30th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Whale snot, according to Viking lore, isn't that bad when seasoned with some half-decomposed fish waste. Read all about it in the Saga of Snorri the Fish-Stroker (which is more of a 13th century collection of Icelandic laxatives, if one is inclined to believe the experts ...).

Joking aside, I would also like to know what's the problem. And yes, that's a signature below this post. ;)

Do you know what a sig spammer is? They post a message (two examples today) but have a signature that is nothing but links to spam. If you must wait for 30 days before you could add links in a sig the sig spammers would just leave.

KrazyIvan
July 31st, 2014, 05:19 PM
Did someone say sig? I hope my links are not considered spam. :cry:

Bogon07
July 31st, 2014, 08:21 PM
Did someone say sig? I hope my links are not considered spam. :cry:

Spamming for the DarkSide :tinfoil3:

pajaro
August 2nd, 2014, 08:27 PM

I followed your signature. The pen case you made is very nice.