PDA

View Full Version : Mont Blanc Midnight Blue with 3 nibs/2 Pens, and three different writing papers

Bling72
July 22nd, 2014, 07:24 AM
Hello. I am most impressed with this ink. It looks absolutely beautiful, dries relatively quickly.

I understand that other reviewers will test the waterproofing, the smudging.
I am here to do my reviews with two pens, three nib sizes/types, and three excellent types of writing paper.

So instead of reading the same excellent reviews our community has been kind to make our choices so much easier, more tests to come.

Although I may not be the only one, but all of my reviews will be done left-handed :)

Plus I won't test on plain white paper as this would of already been done in previous reviews.

Overall it may sound logical, but I actually find it much smooth to write with my Mont Blanc Meisterstuck LeGrand 90th Anniversary.

Thing is that the nib is a 18ct Rose Gold plated nib, where as the Lamy pens tested are not.

The nib will still make a difference in the actual output of the writing even if the nibs are of the same type.

I am still quite novice in my penmanship and calligraphy, but I am working hard to improve on it.

For the time-being I absolutely enjoy writing with my Mont Blanc Meisterstuck LeGrand 90th Anniversary, with this ink.

It is not too dark, and you can definately see the blue. It's more extravagant than any form of black ink.

the G-Lalo Verge DE France range of writing paper is absolutely incredible to write on. It is much more pricey than most other paper.

It is thicker, and is particually made of cloth.

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

orfew
July 22nd, 2014, 11:12 AM
Thanks very much for posting this review.

Bling72
July 23rd, 2014, 06:43 AM
Thank you for the feedback :)

I adore this kind of dark blue ink. It is more lively than black, but is very dark. It dries slightly quicker than several other inks I have tried. It is absoltely more beautiful on white paper. Ok I'll try to add the testing on white paper soon.

If you like this kind of very dark blue, give it a try. You are unlikely to be dissapointed.