PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Jinhao 599s, Sheafer Skripsert, Reaktors and Serwex EDs

KBeezie
July 23rd, 2014, 12:10 AM
Winners are as follows,
There were exactly 14 entrants, and I was able to make it so that everyone got least what they picked in their choice of 3.

FB means the person entered on Facebook thru Virtual Pen Posse Group.

Be sure to read over the PIF details once again because there is shipping cost involved. In case you didn't read that when you put your submission in.

8 New Jinhao 599A
- Black : AtomicLeo
- Red : Art Oconnel (FB)
- Yellow : Gunik (FB)
- Green : JesterKing
- Blue : Austin_Malone
- White : Millerwb
- T.Blue : ecasmb/Max (FB)
- T.Red : Ashley
2 Serwex Special 101 Eye Droppers
- Gry Cap: cbrand493
- Red Cap: Wile E Coyote
1 Sheaffer Skripsert (Maroon)
- Caribbean_skye
3 Sheaffer Reaktor (Blue, Green, Orange)
- Green : Brisboy
- Blue : Labrat101
- Orange : Chad Lancaster (FB)

Original PIF Details

Today I'm offering 14 pens to PIF. (1 Pen per Winner, 14 Possible Winners)

8 New Jinhao 599A

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/pif/fpgeek_599_capped.jpg

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/pif/fpgeek_599_uncapped.jpg

Jinhao 599A
There are 8 colors to pick from: Black, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, White, Translucent Blue, Translucent Orange/Red
They're all brand new, that I obtained from Pens N' More (http://www.pensnmore.com/jinhao599A) as review samples.
They take standard international cartridges and come with a converter and are using the 2nd version traditional style nib.

Serwex Special 101
These were given to me a while back, one with a red cap and one with a grey cap. They work, but eye droppers seem to be pretty temperamental.

Sheaffer Skripsert
This maroon was given to me as a gift. I polished up the body to be smooth and shiny again, and smoothed the nib, which writes like a western extra-fine to fine. It takes Skripsert cartridges, but I have had some luck using a standard international cartridge (a std. international converter is too loose to work). Also included is a little lollipop stick cut to the right height to make sure the std international cartridge stays on in the barrel.

Sheaffer Reaktor
Another set of pens given to me as a gift. These are pretty colorful and reminds me of the older school pens. The nibs appear to write like a fine and are pretty smooth, but also a tiny bit on the wet side. The nice thing about them is they take standard international cartridges. (though may be too tight for some converters).

PIF Details

This PIF is open to anyone.
I'll take entries until Midnight August 1st.
I require shipping to be paid ($3.50 via Paypal if Continental USA, calculated for elsewhere).
One SPECIFIC Pen per Entrant (you can voice your preference for 2nd or 3rd SPECIFIC choice if you don't get your 1st/2nd choice).

The reason for the shipping cost is because I have no problem giving these pens away, but I can't really afford to spend $42~ to ship each one.

On the 1st of August I will be randomly picking an entry for each pen, and then announcing them here.

IF you have any questions about any of the pens please feel free to contact me. I am also putting this PIF on Virtual Pen Posse (https://www.facebook.com/groups/VirtPenPosse/) (an open Facebook group).

Brisboy
July 23rd, 2014, 03:04 AM
May I enter for the green Sheaffer reaktor, please? Very generous pif, thank you.

KBeezie
July 23rd, 2014, 03:34 AM
May I enter for the green Sheaffer reaktor, please? Very generous pif, thank you.

Entered.

johnus
July 23rd, 2014, 07:02 AM
Sign me in. Thank you.

cbrand493
July 23rd, 2014, 07:57 AM
Wow amazing PIF!! Extremely generous! Enter me in thanks! What nibs are on the Jinhao's?

Wile E Coyote
July 23rd, 2014, 09:31 AM
I'd like to try any of them and the order of preference is:
1)Jinhao
2)Reaktor
3)Serwex

Thanks.

KBeezie
July 23rd, 2014, 09:46 AM
Wow amazing PIF!! Extremely generous! Enter me in thanks! What nibs are on the Jinhao's?

They're all the 2nd generation (open/traditional).

KBeezie
July 23rd, 2014, 09:46 AM
1)Jinhao
2)Reaktor
3)Serwex

Thanks.

Entered, though trying to do a grab-all for any color would statistically put you in the bottom of the list, because the only way that would happen would be if there was one pen that no one put dibs on before it would 'trickle' down to someone who just wanted 'any', since I'm not going to put someone's name on every single when when doing the random generations.

For example if you picked :

1) Green Jinhao
2) Orange Reaktor
3) Red Serwex

It would go :
did I randomly pick you for the green jinhao? (if yes, not included in #2 and #3 randomization)
No, did you randomly get pick for the Orange Reatkor?
No, did you randomly get picked for the Red Serwex?

Because the way you worded it:
I would have to include you in the random pickings for each and every pen (starting with 8 chances on the Jinhaos), and that would be an unfair advantage to people who picked up to 3 specific pens.

You could still say "any of them", but if more than 14 people enter, you have 0% chance of getting one.

cbrand493
July 23rd, 2014, 09:53 AM
Sorry I meant what size! Your link says medium? Can you enter me for the following in descending order of preference:
1) Translucent Blue Jinhao
2) Translucent Red Jinhao
3) Serwex Special Grey Cap

KBeezie
July 23rd, 2014, 09:56 AM
Sorry I meant what size! Your link says medium? Can you enter me for the following in descending order of preference:
1) Translucent Blue Jinhao
2) Translucent Red Jinhao
3) Serwex Special Grey Cap

They're more like a Japanese Medium or so.

The chinese pens are tricky that way, on the larger pens with #6 nibs (X450, X750, 159 etc) they tend to reflect western sizes when they state the nib size, but on the smaller pens (#5 equivalent or smaller nibs) , especially hooded ones, they tend to be more along the Japanese standard when they use a size reference.

The red text one is a reflection of what the 8 above would be.

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/Jinhao599/compare_write.jpg

PS: Got you down for those 3 listed.

KBeezie
July 23rd, 2014, 09:57 AM
Sign me in. Thank you.

As I explained to Wile, you gota pick one specific pen (with your 2nd and 3rd specific choice if you don't win the 1st [or 2nd] pen).

Wile E Coyote
July 23rd, 2014, 12:18 PM
1)Jinhao
2)Reaktor
3)Serwex

Thanks.

Entered, though trying to do a grab-all for any color would statistically put you in the bottom of the list, because the only way that would happen would be if there was one pen that no one put dibs on before it would 'trickle' down to someone who just wanted 'any', since I'm not going to put someone's name on every single when when doing the random generations.

For example if you picked :

1) Green Jinhao
2) Orange Reaktor
3) Red Serwex

It would go :
did I randomly pick you for the green jinhao? (if yes, not included in #2 and #3 randomization)
No, did you randomly get pick for the Orange Reatkor?
No, did you randomly get picked for the Red Serwex?

Because the way you worded it:
I would have to include you in the random pickings for each and every pen (starting with 8 chances on the Jinhaos), and that would be an unfair advantage to people who picked up to 3 specific pens.

You could still say "any of them", but if more than 14 people enter, you have 0% chance of getting one.

Sorry, didn't understand the rules. I'm not picky about looks, more about the performance.

Actually your example is just fine....

1) Green Jinhao
2) Orange Reaktor
3) Red Serwex

Thanks again.

KBeezie
July 23rd, 2014, 12:58 PM
Actually your example is just fine....

1) Green Jinhao
2) Orange Reaktor
3) Red Serwex

Thanks again.

Entered.

labrat101
July 24th, 2014, 06:48 PM
How exciting! And very nice of you.

1. Sheaffer Skripsert

2. White Jinhao 599A
3. Blue Sheaffer Reaktor

=)

KBeezie
July 25th, 2014, 01:07 AM
How exciting! And very nice of you.

1. Sheaffer Skripsert

2. White Jinhao 599A
3. Blue Sheaffer Reaktor

=)

Entered

And as a reminder to others, if you simply tell me "Jinhao" "Reaktor", "Serwex" or "Sheaffer" without specifying which exact pen, I'll simply ignore your request, I won't ask you to clarify which one, it's not that hard to read and figure out.

Also as another reminder, I am not paying for the shipping, you are, so if you're unwilling to pay for shipping to your location, don't request to enter.

Brisboy
July 25th, 2014, 02:46 AM
May I add a second and third preference please? If yes then 2. jinhao clear blue and 3. Serwex red. Thank you!

KBeezie
July 25th, 2014, 03:55 AM
May I add a second and third preference please? If yes then 2. jinhao clear blue and 3. Serwex red. Thank you!

added.

ashley
July 25th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Great PIF!

My choices:

1) Serwex Red
2) Sheaffer Skripsert
3) Jinhao 599A Translucent Orange/Red

Again, Thanks for offering this!
-a

Austin_Malone
July 25th, 2014, 12:00 PM
I would like
A.) A Serwex Eyedropper (any is fine but red is my favorite)
B.)Jinhao 599 solid blue
C.)Sheaffer Reaktor in Blue
Thanks sir!

KBeezie
July 25th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Great PIF!

My choices:

1) Serwex Red
2) Sheaffer Skripsert
3) Jinhao 599A Translucent Orange/Red

Again, Thanks for offering this!
-a

Entered

I would like
A.) A Serwex Eyedropper (any is fine but red is my favorite)
B.)Jinhao 599 solid blue
C.)Sheaffer Reaktor in Blue
Thanks sir!

And... Entered.

caribbean_skye
July 26th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Oh wow, thanks for offering these. I would appreciate being entered for the following:
1) Sheaffer skripsert
2) Jinhao 599 solid blue
3) Sheaffer Reaktor in orange

Thanks

VertOlive
July 26th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Big, big, big PIF goin' down here!

:thumb: to KB !

AtomicLeo
July 26th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Great PIF!

I would like
(1) Jinhao Red
(2) Jinhao Black
(3) Either Sheaffer

millerwb
July 26th, 2014, 01:17 PM
1) Jinhao Red
2) Jinhao Blue
3) Jinhao White

Thank you for sharing.

Brian

KBeezie
July 26th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Oh wow, thanks for offering these. I would appreciate being entered for the following:
1) Sheaffer skripsert
2) Jinhao 599 solid blue
3) Sheaffer Reaktor in orange

Thanks

Entered

Great PIF!

I would like
(1) Jinhao Red
(2) Jinhao Black
(3) Either Sheaffer

Entered

1) Jinhao Red
2) Jinhao Blue
3) Jinhao White

Thank you for sharing.

Brian

Entered

So far 4 entries from facebook (VPP) and 9 entries from FPGeek.

KBeezie
August 1st, 2014, 08:46 AM
I also posted this in the original post at top.

Winners are as follows,
There were exactly 14 entrants, and I was able to make it so that everyone got least what they picked in their choice of 3.

FB means the person entered on Facebook thru Virtual Pen Posse Group.

Be sure to read over the PIF details once again because there is shipping cost involved. In case you didn't read that when you put your submission in.

8 New Jinhao 599A
- Black : AtomicLeo
- Red : Art Oconnel (FB)
- Yellow : Gunik (FB)
- Green : JesterKing
- Blue : Austin_Malone
- White : Millerwb
- T.Blue : ecasmb/Max (FB)
- T.Red : Ashley
- Gry Cap: cbrand493
- Red Cap: Wile E Coyote
- Caribbean_skye
- Green : Brisboy
- Blue : Labrat101
- Orange : Chad Lancaster (FB)

Brisboy
August 2nd, 2014, 06:39 AM
Hooray! You're a legend. Eagerly awaiting shipping payment details. :) Yay, I won something!

caribbean_skye
August 2nd, 2014, 12:04 PM
oh sweet. Thank you. If you give me your paypal details I will send the funds right over.

KBeezie
August 2nd, 2014, 03:59 PM
PS: be sure to send me a private message as I'm not getting update notifications for this thread. I'll get with both Caribbean_skye and Brisboy in a sec.

KBeezie
August 4th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Currently Shipped (current as of 08/06/2014):

Green 599 - JesterKing
White 599 - Millerwb
T.Red 599 - Ashley
Skripsert - Caribbean_skye
Blue 599 - Austin_Malone
Green Reaktor - Brisboy

Edit: I will be out of the state until August 11th, until then I won't be able to ship anything if you have not contacted me yet.

KBeezie
August 12th, 2014, 12:38 PM
A general bump, only 6 winners have contacted me and had their pens shipped, the remainder has yet to respond.

jadehawk
August 12th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Too bad I missed this pif..

millerwb
August 12th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Pen arrived yesterday. Thank you! I will write with it for awhile and then likely pass it on.

KBeezie
August 14th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I've sent messages out to the remaining winners who have not contacted me, the only one I was unable to contact was the winner of the translucent blue 599, as facebook is not allowing me to send that person a message.

If I can't get ahold of some of them or don't hear back from some of them by around Monday or so I'll offer the unclaimed pens up for first grab.

jadehawk
August 14th, 2014, 04:25 PM
aha!. Crossing my fingers for no more replies (Mean thing to say) but the Translucent Blue 599 looks mighty nice.. and I missed this pif!!. Will keep an eye come Monday, if no more replies consider me your first grab pretty please on the T.Blue 599... now back to work I go...

KBeezie
August 14th, 2014, 06:02 PM
aha!. Crossing my fingers for no more replies (Mean thing to say) but the Translucent Blue 599 looks mighty nice.. and I missed this pif!!. Will keep an eye come Monday, if no more replies consider me your first grab pretty please on the T.Blue 599... now back to work I go...

We'll see... :P

Updating the list shipped/packed as of 08/14/2014

Green 599 - JesterKing
White 599 - Millerwb
T.Red 599 - Ashley
Skripsert - Caribbean_skye
Blue 599 - Austin_Malone
Green Reaktor - Brisboy
Red 599 - Art (FB)
Yellow 599 - Gunik (FB)
Orange Reaktor - Chad (FB)

Responded, Pending Shipping Funds: Red Capped Serwex

Leaves 4 awaiting response (for my record, * denotes message sent)
8 New Jinhao 599A
- Black : AtomicLeo*
- T.Blue : ecasmb/Max (FB) (Unable to Message)
- Gry Cap: cbrand493*
- Blue : Labrat101*

Brisboy
August 15th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Got mine yesterday, thank you, thank you.

KBeezie
August 19th, 2014, 02:48 AM
Serwex Special 101 Eye Dropper, Grey Cap: cbrand493
Sheaffer Reaktor (Blue): Labrat101

The two above still haven't responded, giving until midnight (when it becomes wednesday EST/GMT-5) before I offer them up to someone else.

jadehawk
August 19th, 2014, 02:51 AM
I'm still here jejeje.. [emoji83] like a vulture..

KBeezie
August 19th, 2014, 04:12 PM
I'm still here jejeje.. [emoji83] like a vulture..

http://i.imgur.com/YM1ifqH.jpg

KBeezie
August 19th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Well it seems that neither winner has contacted me for the Serwex Special 101 Eye Dropper (grey cap) or Sheaffer Reaktor Blue colored.

So shoot me a PM if you want either of them, just remember it's about $3.50 USD for shipping within the US. I'll be checking my inbox thru the day.

jadehawk
August 19th, 2014, 11:40 PM
The vulture is back.. PM sent..

KBeezie
August 20th, 2014, 01:48 AM
The vulture is back.. PM sent..

Oh by the way he claimed the Blue Reaktor, the Grey Serwex is still unclaimed.

DMurphy
August 20th, 2014, 05:54 AM
If the gray Serwex is still available I would like to claim that one...

KBeezie
August 20th, 2014, 09:18 AM
If the gray Serwex is still available I would like to claim that one...

And he got the Serwex.

Brisboy
August 21st, 2014, 06:07 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/22/sa3ateja.jpg:D

KBeezie
August 21st, 2014, 07:47 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/22/sa3ateja.jpg:D
Yay it made it safe.

Ps: have you noticed it's nearly impossible to photograph or scan salamander? (shows up almost Grey, never quite true to its visual color)

Brisboy
August 21st, 2014, 08:56 PM
You were right about the reaktor being difficult to fit a converter into. I have a couple of mini ones but they wouldn't squeeze in there. Makes an excellent eye dropper filler though. :)

KBeezie
August 22nd, 2014, 10:11 AM
You were right about the reaktor being difficult to fit a converter into. I have a couple of mini ones but they wouldn't squeeze in there. Makes an excellent eye dropper filler though. :)

Never thought of using it as an eye dropper (I had tried it on an older Sheaffer student pen, but that metal nipple, and gaps around the second would mean you had least half a ml of ink that you'd never be able to spend unless you refilled it yet again).

I trust you got the threads greased up :P

Oh and just so I don't forget:

UPDATE

The only remaining pen I have not yet sent out is the grey capped Serwex, and that will be going out today. Once that's out, it'll conclude the PIF as everything would have been sent out.

Brisboy
August 22nd, 2014, 09:09 PM
Yes, silicone grease in the right spot. Seems like the feed's up to the job. Your right, I guess there'll be a tiny bit of unused ink at the end but I can quite happily live with that.

DMurphy
August 23rd, 2014, 10:00 PM
W00T!! Got the Grey Capped Serwex in today, have never tried an eye dropper pen before. Inked up with some Noodler's Navjo Turquoise and trying it out.

Thank you KBeezie!

jadehawk
August 26th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Mailman Had Gifts!! But it was not for me in the end....

Thank you KBeezie I should have opened the mail at work away from the wife's reach!..

The pen is great, Super wet and I liked it for the duration that I had it... :cry:

KBeezie
August 26th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Mailman Had Gifts!! But it was not for me in the end....

Thank you KBeezie I should have opened the mail at work away from the wife's reach!..

The pen is great, Super wet and I liked it for the duration that I had it... :cry:

:D A vibrant blue to match a blue barrel... If it stains, whose gonna notice.

jadehawk
August 26th, 2014, 06:01 PM
The way this little pen writes it will be always loaded with that ink .. match made in fpgeek heaven..

KBeezie
August 26th, 2014, 06:52 PM
The way this little pen writes it will be always loaded with that ink .. match made in fpgeek heaven..

I never tried BSB, but with how wet those elongated fine nibs write (they remind me of the same nibs used on their older student pens), I can imagine it being juicy joy. ... god that sounded dirty...