PDA

View Full Version : My Takes On Note-Taking

Polyhistor
July 23rd, 2014, 12:45 PM
Here's two little projects I have finished lately. Both are different takes on note-taking.

The first one is the result of my habit of keeping a stack of my favorite FP-friendly note cards on my nightstand. It was fun to make, but I was using scrap leather, working it in a hurry, and not paying much attention to detail.
But I may actually have to protect this from the significant other, who wants to use it as a picture frame. :laser:

The second one is the test piece for a commission (and also a practice piece to keep my stitching clean). I built it around a small Rhodia pad (N° 11), but the cover for the commission is going to accommodate a 2 x 3 inches notepad. All the stitching on this cover has been done entirely by hand. I used no pricking iron for the holes, just a nicely sharpened and polished Vergez Blanchard awl blade.

Cheers,
Adam

PS – Pen no. 1 is an eighties ERO, no. 2 a Chinese cheapo hooded nib pen.

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12980&stc=1

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12979&stc=1

Nomdeplume
July 23rd, 2014, 12:47 PM
Nice work!

Polyhistor
July 23rd, 2014, 12:51 PM
Merci!

VertOlive
July 23rd, 2014, 01:45 PM
Really nicely done!

Lady Onogaro
July 23rd, 2014, 08:27 PM
I like the little notepad a lot. But I can also see the usefulness of the note card keeper. Is the leather for these pretty stiff (to support writing on away from a hard surface)?

Holsworth
July 24th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Lovely! I love that the notebook cover has space to keep torn off pages, too.

Polyhistor
July 24th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Thanks, everybody!

Lady Onogaro
Re: My Takes On Note-Taking
I like the little notepad a lot. But I can also see the usefulness of the note card keeper. Is the leather for these pretty stiff (to support writing on away from a hard surface)?

The leather isn't that stiff by itself, but there's a back pocket that adds another layer of leather, and then there's also the corners. Gluing and stitching it all together tightly does the trick. And I always keep spare note cards in the back pocket, so these also add to the overall rigidity. Writing while holding the note card keeper in the palm of my left hand is no problem.