PDA

View Full Version : Prototype Pen Wrap PIF!!

alc3261
July 24th, 2014, 02:19 PM
This is a Prototype Pen "Wrap" which does not roll up.
It fastens with Velcro on the flap and the pens can go right down inside the slot or clip on (depending on the position of the clip).
The "Wrap" is designed to be used flat in a briefcase or similar. This is a trial run to see if anybody likes this. :)

mhguda
July 24th, 2014, 03:51 PM
I would use it fastened to a flat vertical surface around my desk area, in fact I already have a wrap I am using that way, so that is a Yes vote.

alc3261
July 24th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Let me know what you think fellow Geeks, even if you don't like it?

DMurphy
July 24th, 2014, 07:47 PM
I can see how that would work very well ion a briefcase, I carry four pens in my briefcase but they are kind of wedged into place. This design would make a great addition for anyone that can use the flat storage such as in a laptop case or even a backpack.

Very well done!

ashley
July 25th, 2014, 10:40 AM
This is wonderful! Like others, I could definitely see this being useful in a briefcase, backpack, or messenger bag. I love the interior fabric you used in the prototype, it reminds of the work of a local fabric artist nearby. -a

RuiFromUK
July 25th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Just like your other pen wraps, this is a really great looking one.

For me I would still prefer the ones with the rope to roll around rather than the Velcro patches. Velcro is great and neat but it tends to eventually pull off with the opening and closing of in this case the wrap.

alc3261
July 25th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Just like your other pen wraps, this is a really great looking one.

For me I would still prefer the ones with the rope to roll around rather than the Velcro patches. Velcro is great and neat but it tends to eventually pull off with the opening and closing of in this case the wrap.
It is sewn on as well as stuck.

View from the Loft
July 25th, 2014, 02:32 PM
This looks quite neat for use in a briefcase or what they term a workbag for us females. Love the fabrics :)

RuiFromUK
July 25th, 2014, 02:34 PM
It is sewn on as well as stuck.

LOL I should have guessed that you would have done some type of reinforcement before opening my big mouth.

Since the Velcro is doubly secured then next time I get another pen wrap I think I'll choose one of these as it would lie flat in the back pocket of my backpack (those were the days when I used to use a briefcase).

alc3261
July 27th, 2014, 01:49 PM
So who might want this "wrap"?

Crazyorange
July 27th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I would be interested. My pen roll is hard to travel with. A flat one would be great to have.

DMurphy
July 27th, 2014, 03:35 PM
I would be interested in this wrap! I do not currently have a wrap for my pens and use a briefcase everyday.

View from the Loft
July 28th, 2014, 12:18 AM
Can I enter on behalf of my daughter? She would love it and it would be perfect for her school bag.

writingrav
July 28th, 2014, 06:44 AM
It fastens with Velcro on the flap and the pens can go right down inside the slot or clip on (depending on the position of the clip).
The "Wrap" is designed to be used flat in a briefcase or similar. This is a trial run to see if anybody likes this. :)

Brilliant idea. It would sit right in my briefcase and move directly to hang off the inside of my desk.

ashley
July 28th, 2014, 10:01 AM
So who might want this "wrap"?

I would!! -a

Miss Thundercat
July 28th, 2014, 01:39 PM
It's an awesome pen "wrap" and I think my huband would like it and use it to store the pens in the laptop section of his bag. So yeah I would love to test it for you :)

alc3261
August 3rd, 2014, 02:28 PM
The Winner is writingrav

jacksterp
August 3rd, 2014, 05:01 PM
I think it is very very nice.

I am not interested, as I already have a pen wrap. But I'm sure this is going to make someone very happy.

DMurphy
August 3rd, 2014, 07:25 PM
Congratulations Writingrav!!

writingrav
August 3rd, 2014, 08:37 PM
Thanks so much alc3261! I am thrilled. This must be my lucky week after winning a Lamy Safari Coral Green on the Anderson Podcast.

VertOlive
August 3rd, 2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks so much alc3261! I am thrilled. This must be my lucky week after winning a Lamy Safari Coral Green on the Anderson Podcast.

Nice haul, congratulations!

writingrav
August 4th, 2014, 04:27 AM

Nice haul, congratulations!
Thanks! I'm thrilled.

alc3261
August 4th, 2014, 06:10 AM

Coral Green?

writingrav
August 4th, 2014, 06:11 AM

Coral Green?
It is the new color, right?

alc3261
August 4th, 2014, 06:18 AM

Coral Green?
Neon Coral?

writingrav
August 4th, 2014, 06:19 AM

Coral Green?
Neon Coral?
Oh. Yes I guess that's it.