PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Comcast email address with FPN?

kirchh
July 24th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Emails apparently sent from FPN's system to my Comcast address are not being received by my Comcast account. Does anyone have an FPN account with an associated Comcast email address that is successfully receiving FPN emails, such as new post notifications or PM notices?

Thanks --
--Daniel

Farmboy
July 25th, 2014, 03:33 AM
I'm tied to a gmail account on most forum instances. For a while I was not getting FPN notifications but was getting notifications from other boards using the same software. I think I solved the problem by resetting my subscriptions by deleting and readding them. Not sure but I am getting FPN email notifications now.

No to having a comcast account to test with.

Todd

kirchh
July 25th, 2014, 08:47 AM
I'm tied to a gmail account on most forum instances. For a while I was not getting FPN notifications but was getting notifications from other boards using the same software. I think I solved the problem by resetting my subscriptions by deleting and readding them. Not sure but I am getting FPN email notifications now.

Todd

Thanks for the info, Todd. Tests with a Comcast account, a Microsoft-hosted account, and a GoDaddy (secureserver.net) account all fail, and a Gmail account succeeds. I'm trying to gather some data from other users in an attempt to narrow down the issue.

--Daniel

kirchh
July 31st, 2014, 02:03 PM

Todd

Thanks for the info, Todd. Tests with a Comcast account, a Microsoft-hosted account, and a GoDaddy (secureserver.net) account all fail, and a Gmail account succeeds. I'm trying to gather some data from other users in an attempt to narrow down the issue.

--Daniel

Update: Discovery and analysis of the SMTP bouncebacks shows the FPN mail-sending server is on blocklists at, or used by, the email hosters mentioned. I don't need any further assistance here.

Thanks --
--Daniel

KBeezie
August 1st, 2014, 04:38 AM
I generally avoid ISP-based emails, they tend to be very aggressive on spam filters and generally seem unreliable. At least with google apps/gmail you can log into the web-interface and check the spam folder there.

Though when I do a dig/nslookup/etc on fpgeeks.com I'm noticing there are no SPF/TXT records or settings to show authorized mail sender sources, which may cause some mail servers to rank it higher in the spam filter.

Jeph
August 1st, 2014, 05:49 AM
I have no idea about FPN but y home e-mail (o2 in Germany) gets rejected by comcast e-mail servers as spam.
This also happens when sending mail to Pilot Pen US.
Unfortunately Rick Propas uses comcast. :(