PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Drink & Write

RayCornett
July 26th, 2014, 01:07 AM
Ok there is a local group in Sacramento that gets together now and then for a few beers and drawing. Sometimes they have drawing contests. It's called Sacramento Drink & Draw.

Sometime in the coming months I would like to start a group like that but for fountain pen users where we get together and have a few beers, do some writing, practice/learn about penmanship, etc etc

If there are any Sacramento members or people who might be interested in travelling to the area once a month for such an event why not chime in and I will see if I can get this going in the next 3-4 months.

I would also like this to be a family thing. So no actual 21 and over only bars. Family places like pizza joints where you can get a pitcher would be perfect. Bring the kids, let them participate in the writing, let them draw or just come along.

gweddig
July 26th, 2014, 03:18 PM
I could be convinced to come down from Chico if the time/date was right.

Farmboy
July 26th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I could be convinced to come down from Chico if the time/date was right.
You can be convinced to drive all the way to Millbrae when the date and time is right.

See you at the show. Lets hunt 58s together. You find 'em and I'll bag 'em.

gweddig
July 27th, 2014, 10:46 PM
I'm training my cat to sniff out RHR.

Hoping to have a traders half-table at the show to sell ink and other stuff on Friday. Hopefully finance a few special tools or something that I cannot do without.

See you there.

FayeV
July 28th, 2014, 02:25 AM
That sounds like a really cool and fun idea, and I love how it's a "family" event. If only I still lived in Davis. (Of course, I didn't even own a car back then when I was a student LOL)

RayCornett
August 23rd, 2014, 09:41 PM
I am glad to see there is at least a little interest. All it takes is 2-3 people to get things started. It still wont be until later this year or early next year.

Faye, where are you now?

ethernautrix
August 24th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Someone in FPN is calling a Sacramento Pen Posse for October. I'll post over there and let her know about this thread. Sounds like fun!

gweddig
August 25th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Travberg and I talked about getting a BBQ Posse together after the SF Show recovery period is over. Still let us know when to be where.

Tessy Moon
August 30th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Hi! I am organizing a get together on October 25th from 10 am to 11:30 am at the Elk Grove Library. It is completely free and family friendly.
For more information please see my original post on FPN
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/272641-sacramento-pen-posse-october-25th/

If people are interested to hang out longer, there are lots of places around the area where people could get lunch and continue conversations. I am not organizing that at this point, but I am sure those who are interested in doing something like that can discuss options at the meeting.

I hope to see you there! :)

gweddig
August 31st, 2014, 12:24 AM
It's on my calendar but I'll have to decide closer to the day. It's a haul for me to get there.

--greg