PDA

View Full Version : Mont Blanc Irish Green with 3 nibs/2 Pens, and three different writing papers

Bling72
July 26th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Hello again. Welcome to my review section. This is Mont Blanc Irish Green Fountain Pen Ink. It comes in a 60ml bottle. This ink dries quite quickly and looks devine on white paper as it is newly wet.
This ink is not one of the limited edition ones.

When it is dry it is like a dark lime kind of colour. It certainly feels nice to write with.

I have seen a few other greens of a similar shade to the Irish Green and this one is good value for money.

Mont Blanc recommend to use all the ink up to three months after you open it.

I believe it is nice to have a green ink in your stash, this is an excellent one.

This ink has a cleaning agent.

As many pen owners and experts advise, do not keep inks in your fountain pens for a long period of time if you do not intend to use your pen.

I found this ink looks devine on the Quill metallic paper. Much of the angle
that you look at the paper is green. It is not
so out there on cream marbletone paper
nor on high grade grey cloth paper. I posted all three for you to see.

:)

Newjelan
July 28th, 2014, 05:16 AM
Thanks Bling 72. I've had is ink for over a year and didn't like it at first. However, it has grown on me and depending on the paper/nib combination it can look stunning. Have MB provided a reason for using it up within 3 months? Or is it just self protection or marketing hype on their part?

Bling72
July 28th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Hmmm that is an interesting question Newjelan (where in Oz are you by the way?).

Hmmm well I have been informed by enough users and other shops, that ink can go 'off/stale' eventually. Whether it is the 3 months or later, do you really want to risk a $500 or $1000 pen to keep $20 ink in there for 6 months ? Well don't know... I can understand that if ink is in there for too long, some parts inside the piston would dry up.

If it is marketing hype only, then even if you buy 4 bottles a year it's not overly excessive, and not the most expensive part of a pen (unless you buy a $5 pen).

Green grows on people, like a fungus could hehe :) The Midnight Blue enjoyed straight away, lovely colour.

Newjelan
July 28th, 2014, 05:42 AM
I have about 50 different bottles of ink and while I know they go off eventually, so far so good. I'm careful to ensure good pen hygiene. I bought my MB Irish Green when it first came out and because until recently I didn't like it much, it's hardly been used. I'm hoping to get about 3 more years from it. I don't leave ink in my pens for long, usually only up to 2 weeks.

I am based in Melbourne, but spend about 1/3 of my time in New Zealand. You?

Bling72
July 28th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Hey broski just sent you a pm :)