PDA

View Full Version : Hello, there!

Oxcart
July 26th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Et Eärello Endorenna....

Wait, this isn't Lindon...

Sorry, wrong venue.

Let's see...yes, got it.

Hello. I'm Oxcart. I have an interest in fountain pens. (And aviation, among other things.) But I'm here because of the pens, primarily. I look forward to a long and happy membership among you good folks, and--and I hope my sense of humor doesn't try your patience too often, or too much.

Thanks for your attention.

Oxcart

Cob
July 26th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Welcome Oxcart.

Historic aviation by any chance?

Best wishes, and be sure to tell us about your pens

Cob

TMac
July 26th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

TerraNoir
July 26th, 2014, 07:50 PM
:welcome:

caribbean_skye
July 26th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Welcome, welcome.

Membership dues are now due: tell us your favourite pen/s and ink/s. We love photos too if you care to share those :)

Jeph
July 27th, 2014, 09:09 AM

henkm
July 27th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Et Eärello Endorenna....

Sorry, wrong venue.

Let's see...yes, got it.

Hello. I'm Oxcart. I have an interest in fountain pens. (And aviation, among other things.)
Oxcart

Tolkien being among your other interests apparently. Welcome!

Oxcart
July 28th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Welcome Oxcart.

Historic aviation by any chance?

Best wishes, and be sure to tell us about your pens

Cob

Thanks very much!

Yes, indeed, historic aviation: love the vintage planes, particularly military models.

And my pens...well, I've been using fountain pens for about two years, this time: I've made forays into the field in the past, doomed by lack of adequate technical information. I have a couple of survivors from those, a Pilot Vanishing Point, red with gold trim, and a Lamy AL-Star, in plain aluminum, which has had a variety of nibs since I discovered the nibs were interchangeable. The rest are more recent acquisitions, Pilots (ranging from Varsities to a Custom Heritage 92), Platinums including Preppies, a couple of #3776 Century series pens, and the Platinum Carbon Desk Pen, a smattering of Lamys and a couple of Edisons. I have one vintage pen, a Conklin crescent filler, c.1916. Mostly they have fine and extra fine nibs; I also have some stubs. And my collection is overwhelmingly Japanese-made, now that I think about it. I do like a very fine point.

Oxcart
July 28th, 2014, 01:00 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Welcome, welcome.

TMac, TerraNoir, caribbean_skye, Jeph: thanks all for the warm welcome

Membership dues are now due: tell us your favourite pen/s and ink/s. We love photos too if you care to share those :)

Favorite pens...hmmm. Difficult one. The two I use most right now are my Platinum Carbon Desk Pen, extra fine nib, and my Black Ice Edison Nouveau Premiere (also XF). I find the Carbon Pen remarkable. A pretty slick writer, filled with pigmented ink, right there, on the desk, week after week, writes every time I pluck it from the penbase, no muss, no fuss, no skips, no hard starts. Flushes clean in a flash. I've been keeping it inked with Platinum Carbon Black from cartridges: I am also very pleased with the performance of the ink. The Black Ice is currently inked up with Iroshizuku Kiri-Same, a favorite since I first acquired it. Right now, it's what I use for my notebook pen. There are other contenders for the top spots. A Pilot 78G filled with Noodler's Black can make me a very happy scribbler. I like grey ink and black ink--Noodler's Black, Lexington Grey, Diamine Graphite, J. Herbin Gris Nuage--and browns and Sepias. Noodler's Old Dutch Colony Sepia is a favorite, but I don't have a pen inked up with it at the moment.

Et Eärello Endorenna....

Sorry, wrong venue.

Let's see...yes, got it.

Hello. I'm Oxcart. I have an interest in fountain pens. (And aviation, among other things.)
Oxcart

Tolkien being among your other interests apparently. Welcome!

Indeed! I can be very geeky about it. As I can be about all the rest.

Again, thanks all for the warm welcome!:)

writingrav
July 28th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

Et Eärello Endorenna....

Sorry, wrong venue.

Let's see...yes, got it.

Hello. I'm Oxcart. I have an interest in fountain pens. (And aviation, among other things.) But I'm here because of the pens, primarily. I look forward to a long and happy membership among you good folks, and--and I hope my sense of humor doesn't try your patience too often, or too much.

Thanks for your attention.

Oxcart

VertOlive
July 29th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Welcome--glad you landed here!