PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Give Away #4

dannzeman
April 5th, 2010, 06:18 AM
http://www.fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/skrip.jpg (http://www.fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/skrip.jpg).http://www.fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/skrip1.jpg (http://www.fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/skrip1.jpg)
Are you guys getting sick of free stuff yet? No? Great! Because now we’re giving away 4 vintage bottles of Sheaffer Skrip Ink to four lucky winners, one bottle each. And yes, these are the bottles with the little ink well in the top. To enter, just post a reply telling us what your favorite color is. You have until 11:59pm on Sunday April 11th, 2010 to leave a reply and be entered into the contest. The winners will be randomly selected and sent an email as well as be posted in the forum thread.

Scuderia-F1
April 5th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Since I donīt have an fp yet I donīt have any favorite, but I really like Mont Blanc Racing Green, and I also think that red inks are very underrated!

James
April 5th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Oy! My favorite color changes with the seasons. Right now, I'm big on green... I just came off of grey during winter, and come summertime, I expect that my favorite will rotate to orange.

gillyohan
April 5th, 2010, 12:53 PM
My favorite color is blue. For FPs, I mainly use Noodlers Bad Blue Heron and Lamy Blue-Black (iron gall).

Kelly G
April 5th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Favorite ink color? that depends on what I'm doing. For general writing it is Black or Blue Black; corrections to written materials - red, lately Diamine Monaco Red; for highlighting, Year of the Golden Pig - I'm going through that stuff like water.

Okami
April 5th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Green especially blue green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gapato
April 5th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I like dark green (Zhivago !). I'd like to try brown though.

JohnCruzNg
April 5th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I love the color orange. My favorite ink is Noodler's Apache Sunset Orange because it has great color variations ranging from a deep red-orange to a light orange. I also like the color red which Noodler's Apache Sunset Orange has a ton of.

Tortoise
April 5th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I live all shades of purple. My current fab is Diamine Amazing Amethyst.

laoriginaltec
April 5th, 2010, 06:22 PM
This week I am currently loving brown (Noodler's Walnut). It's not to dark or to red in color.

Sharkbait
April 5th, 2010, 07:57 PM
I love blue!(Bad Blue Heron)

Koyote
April 6th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Blue. Especially a nice vivid blue with strong purple undertones. Private Reserve Tanzanite is great, as is Aurora Blue.

Bourgeoisie
April 6th, 2010, 10:18 AM
My favorite color is purple - deep rich purple, but I prefer blues for FP's. Well, actually I can't really say I prefer blues... Ive never written with a purple =P
I like MB Black because I see a deep purple in it; if there were just a bit more I would be my favorite.

sokuban
April 6th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I'm a little confused about the time this contest is over, but everyone still seems to be posting, so I might as well post.

My favourite colour for writing is black, red, or brown. I don't really like blue or blue-blacks as much, or reds that are too bright.

dannzeman
April 6th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I'm a little confused about the time this contest is over, but everyone still seems to be posting, so I might as well post.

My favourite colour for writing is black, red, or brown. I don't really like blue or blue-blacks as much, or reds that are too bright.
Woops! Thank you for catching that. The time has been updated.

Wile E Coyote
April 7th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Sailor Kiwa-Guro

Ted H
April 8th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Blue, but I write with black, mostly.

canon
April 8th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I found a color that Richard Binder identified as Burple that I really like. It is sort of blue with a a hint of purple mixed into the blue ink. It makes a dark shade of blue.

RR4U
April 9th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Lately i've been using Waterman South Seas (Blue), Waterman Violette (Purple), Waterman Havana (Brown), rOtring Brillant Brown and Parker Penman Ruby Red. Besides being very beautiful and very good quality, they're also nice for a change as i do (did) most of my writing with black or blue inks (which i like, a lot, and think to be essential colors).

Ricardo.

SProctor
April 9th, 2010, 12:09 PM
To enter, just post a reply telling us what your favorite color is.

That one is always a difficult question for me... I guess it depends on mood, color of the stock I'm writing on and several other sort of ambiguous factors. Then when you add in the fact that I am colorblind and may not even be using the color that I think it is... well you get the picture. Needless-to-say, I try to avoid mixing my own inks.

The wife sometimes gets a little frustrated with me asking her "what color is this?" or "Does this color go with this other color?" Thank goodness for labels on the bottles!

Very Best Wishes,
Stephen P.

JohnGerard
April 9th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I like red/brown the best, though use blue as well.
JohnG

JuicyJones
April 11th, 2010, 02:23 AM
My favorite color CURRENTLY is Private Reserve Midnight Blues.

Where did you even get those bottles of Scrip? Nice!

carpedavid
April 11th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I love red inks and to a lesser extent orange. Iroshizuku Momiji is my current favorite ink.

MaryMG
April 11th, 2010, 11:58 AM
My favorite ink color of all time is Skrip Peacock Blue.

Kooky Chick
April 11th, 2010, 08:32 PM
My favorite color is definitely purple! My current favorite ink color is Noodler's North African Violet (V-Mail series). :-)

bdpatton2
April 12th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Favorite color hands down is BLACK. I love contrast!!!

eriquito
April 12th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Tortoise (Post Number 9):

I live all shades of purple. My current fab is Diamine Amazing Amethyst.

Ted H (Post Number 17):

Blue, but I write with black, mostly.

SProctor (Post Number 20):

I guess it depends on mood, color of the stock I'm writing on and several other sort of ambiguous factors. Then when you add in the fact that I am colorblind and may not even be using the color that I think it is... well you get the picture.

JuicyJones (Post Number 22):

My favorite color CURRENTLY is Private Reserve Midnight Blues.

Congratulations to our four winners! Be on the look-out for an email/pm from yrs truly.

Thank you to everyone who participated in Give Away #4.

Give Away #5 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/92-Welcome-Give-Away-5) has been posted... Parker 51 anybody? =)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

dannzeman
April 19th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Just an fyi for the winners: Shipping of your ink bottles has been delayed slighly due to my schedule. I'll get them out to you this week, I promise! Thank you for your patience.

Dan