PDA

View Full Version : Pen Posse More Pen Show Stuff Edition

AltecGreen
July 28th, 2014, 10:01 PM
The SF Pen Show is getting closer so let's have another Pen Posse to discuss pen show stuff.

Sunday Aug. 3rd

1:00 pm

10 El Camino Real
Millbrae, CA 94030

Farmboy
July 29th, 2014, 12:05 PM
How did I miss this? Pen shows in SF?

Do tell...

Jerome Tarshis
July 29th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Could we discuss making it possible to buy a pen at the show? From what I've read in other threads, most people's main interests are going to be drinking, eating festive lunches and dinners, getting nib work done, and, trailing a bit but still popular, looking at Nakayas. In theory, some other people who come to the show without making humorous posts beforehand will want to buy something.

Farmboy
July 29th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I usually buy a box or two full of pens though I do not discourage drinking then buying. Sort of a beer goggles thing I guess.

Oh yes, your flow is back or at lest it was on Saturday if you happen by the gathering.

Jerome Tarshis
July 29th, 2014, 04:32 PM
I expect to happen by the gathering at Peter's next Sunday. As for the pen show itself, there's a possibility that I won't make that. I did put up posters at two art-supplies shops in downtown San Francisco, Flax and Jack Blick's, and at a cafe in romantic, bohemian North Beach where I often eat lunch. Ironically, ha ha, I am having surgery on Monday, August 18, and although I may say Oh, [phooey on] this, I'm going to the pen show, in the event I may say Oh, [shoot], I'm going to miss this one.

Jon Szanto
July 29th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Since I can't make the Posse, I'll discuss my Show stuff here:

Addressing Mr. Tarshis previous post, I *will* be buying at least one pen. I don't want that taken amiss. If I were taken amiss, my wife would surely find out. Not good.

tenney
July 31st, 2014, 01:03 AM
Alas, a group I chair is having our annual picnic this Sunday and I have to be there, so I can't make it to this posse. But I am dang well planning on being at the "SF" pen show!

Jon Szanto
July 31st, 2014, 01:12 AM
Send a chair in your place, and go to the Posse.

bleair
July 31st, 2014, 11:31 PM
If anyone coming to the pen posse has a parker 75, would you mind bringing it?

I'm considering buying one, but I've never seen one in person. The grip looks like it has a tapered or beveled shape and I'd rather hold one just in case my grip turns out to be weird and incompatible with it.

Thanks!

ac12
August 1st, 2014, 02:20 AM
I plan to be there.

Ricky,
I got most all the posters up.
Ran into a few places that would not put up, because they limited posters to events in their city/town.

Any word on Sonny's ink?

@bleair
I will try to bring my 75. But it is an OLD model, from about 1976.

AltecGreen
August 1st, 2014, 09:20 AM
If anyone coming to the pen posse has a parker 75, would you mind bringing it?

I'm considering buying one, but I've never seen one in person. The grip looks like it has a tapered or beveled shape and I'd rather hold one just in case my grip turns out to be weird and incompatible with it.

Thanks!

Todd should have one.

You might as well wait for the show. At the show go talk to Lee Chait.

AltecGreen
August 1st, 2014, 09:21 AM
I plan to be there.

Ricky,
I got most all the posters up.
Ran into a few places that would not put up, because they limited posters to events in their city/town.

Any word on Sonny's ink?

@bleair
I will try to bring my 75. But it is an OLD model, from about 1976.

Thanks for the hard work putting up posters.

I have not heard a thing from Sonny. I'll send him an e-mail.

DanDeM
August 1st, 2014, 11:17 AM
Hey you guys.

The time is drawing near, and this is to wish you only a resounding
success with The Show and the beginning of a new tradition on the Bay.

Beer, brauts and broads...nibs. What a concept!

ac12
August 3rd, 2014, 06:47 PM
Thanks Dan.
A bunch of us have our fingers crossed.

ac12
August 3rd, 2014, 06:48 PM
@bleair
I brought my 75.